• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

6x3x2 hutches (Updated with pictures)

holidayhutch

Warren Veteran
I've just ordered some 6ft x 3ft x 2ft hutches but am now worried they wont fit through the door - LOL:lol: Can anyone tell me if the 3ft part is likely to be the depth or the height - TIA

Last edited:
i think the 3ft ismost likely the depth :D can i just ask where didyou find this hutch im on on the look out for a massive hutch and this one sounds good :D

Hiya - I've ordered 6 of them for the business from the Happy Hutch company as triple hutches and have hired a van to go and get them as he gave me a really good deal if i could do it that way, but they are very good value anyway even at full cost and come in singles, doubles and triples with or without ramps. I'm just worried they wont fit through the door though now as our door width is only 29 inches - might land up having to go over the hedge but they will weigh a tonne and the hedge is 8ft tall:roll:

They will be 2' deep - you don't usually get hutches deeper than that :) I had 2 double indoor hutches off happy hutch - arrived on a pallet in the rain and were as big as small wardrobes - me on my own :roll: Thankfully the lorry driver was in a good mood that day or they'd still be on the front lawn on a pallet :lol:

If they're only 3' high I'm guessing they are only double hutches - that's 18" headroom per floor.

Having said all that, majority of happy hutch hutches are flat packed - have a look what it says on their website :)

Hi Elve, they are triple decker hutches we have ordered, they are making them especially for us and just stated the dimensions are 6ftW x 3ftH x 2ftD for each tier, but if each tier is 3ft high I hope the bunnies dont have vertigo cos the top one will be 9ft in the air - LOL. They offered me the choice of having a 6 x 4 x 2 as well but we thought they would be too big. They come ready assembled for this size and we are hiring a van to go and collect them direct from their premises on Thursday. We've managed to rope in 3 extra bodies for this end in case we have to lift them over the hedge

each level's 3' high? :shock: That's like 3 solid wood wardrobes stacked on top of each other into a 6x9 block - I don't think you realise how heavy it will be :shock: I would check they have understood you right as it sounds to me like they offered you a 6x4 DOUBLE - making each level 2' high, which is what's recommended for rabbits - I think they're making a 3' double....I hope so anyway as how will you look after a rabbit over 6' in the air? Climbing a ladder with a struggling bunny doesn't sound fun :shock: Not to mention most rooms aren't 9' high :? I would definitely query it with them.

I will definitely post pics when they are here:) They are definitely triples Elve as he offered us a double at a certain price and the triple for a few pounds extra so we went for the triple option. I am thinking they are going to be 2ft high on each tier and 3 feet deep and that they have the measurements the wrong way around on the website. Oh well it could be fun, but either way the bunnies will have plenty of room to run around in:lol:

we had this problem too with rabbit hutches!!! we ended up taking the door off and door surround!!! now we have a guy that can build hutches in sheds !! its alot easier lol hope all goes well hun

Not sure if I can post this link, apologies if not admin please remove, but this is the 2 tier version in a 4ft, might give a better idea of the dimensions. We are getting 2 triple decker versions in 6ft. If you scroll down on the size box it gives the 6 x 3 x 2 dimension;) ;) http://www.happyhutch.com/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=72&categoryID=5

ah yes - that's 3' high for the whole thing, so each floor is half of that = 18" high in a double, and 12" high in a triple if you ask them to make it for you specially - I've got a couple of them so I know that's what I got anyway. I think that's why they asked if you wanted the 4' high one - because that would give you floors of 16" high per level, which is just useable for guinea pigs. You really need to tell them you misunderstood the website before you end up with 2 expensive bookcases :shock:

Last edited:
If they were 3 foot high per level, you would have problems cleaning out the top level of the hutch if the base of the top level would be 6 foot off the ground.

Hi - back off holiday and have double checked everything for the hutches and got final dimensions from the company. They are definitely 6 foot long, just over 2 foot high internally on EACH tier and are 3 foot deep:D We pick them up tommorow and have commandered some bodies to help us haul them over the hedge:lol:

Back