• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Good vet?---UPDATE: Is this normal?

buntastic

Warren Scout
Hi, just wondered if there is anybody from Preston here that could recommend a good bunny vet. So far, Kirsty is registered with the one my cat goes to, and for vaccines, etc this is fine...Just a bit worried about getting her spayed there, as they don't seem to do this very often. Otherwise, I will just have to ring round the other vets to see what they say, but thought a personal recommendation might be better...

Last edited:
I'm in Preston and I use Abbey Vets on Conway Drive. I have found them to be very good. They have always given me good advice and they seem to know a lot about rabbits. I've had both my boys fixed there with no problems at all. Hope this helps.

Abbey neutered my ferret, they were very good with him, so might give them a call. Longridge is not really an option as I'm one of those unfortunate people without car, but thanks for the tip anyway! :)

Well, I just rang Abbey Vets to enquire about spaying her, price, etc. They quoted £50, but said that didn't include any drugs such as pain relief etc. after the surgery. But then she said they usually didn't give any pain relief or other stuff anyway as they didn't feel that was necessary. Is this normal? Bit wary after reading on here about importance of pain relief, gut stimulants, etc. :?

:shock: I'd like to offer that vet the opportunity of a hysterectomy or vasectomy with no pain relief afterwards!!:shock:

Well, just rang vets4pets, they quote £45 including drugs and seemed very nice...Anybody used them before?

Last edited:
I think we have abbeyvets around here......Im sure one of my fosterers used them a while back and the invoice included meds :? maybe it varies with branches and vets.

Back