• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The bunnies missed me! - but my mum & Barney's relationship went downhill.

casu consulto

Mama Doe
Ooops.
From Monday 'til yesterday I went to London with my friend, leaving my mum in charge of bunny care. I was nervous both on her behalf and the bunnies. Especially Barney-bunny. He'd been grunting and not letting my mum catch him to carry him anywhere, and had recently started trying to bite her. But I thought that maybe some time together might do them good... and she's good with the bunnies in every other way. She doesn't mind cleaning them out, regularly buys them veggies and stuff which she takes to them, knows how to hold them and everything... I got daily texts telling me about how it was going. Apparently Barney got really, really bad when he realised I wasn't around and refused to come out his bed, managing to reduce my mum to tears of frustration! She wanted to leave him in the hutch, but he's moulting and he needs the exercise. Apparently, the tears made him go all quiet and good - for five minutes.

When I came back yesterday, I went right out to see them. ^^ Barney looked thrilled and came bounding to the front of his hutch, pressing himself against the wire front. Then - like he suddenly realised - he went to sulk with his back to me, flinching all dramatically when I touched him. So I went to see amber instead, and she hid in her bed with only her nose showing! I went back to Barney and poked my fingers through the mesh, and he went all crazy licking them. So I put them out in their run, and they were both lovely. :) They were both licking my neck when I carried them. I missed my babies!

But my mum is now convinced Barney hates her. I've told her he doesn't - he's never aggressive towards her in general. He just dislikes being held or picked up by her. :? I have to hurry past her all quickly when I hold him, so she can't see him licking me... and tell her he's just as awkward with me. Ooops.

I think he might be. :roll: The feeling is mutual! My mum kept making jokes about a love triangle forming with me, Barney, and Amber. Amber's all fluffy and cute - so my mum said she's the blonde cheerleader, and me? She says i'm the school goth. Pft.

Our Barney took his dislike of me to a new level yesterday!

Didn't quite bite my arm but ran his teeth down it just breaking the skin. I have now got a parallel track on my arm. a lovely impression of his teeth size!

Make no mistake, this was an unprovoked caclulated assault. I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Who else has got a rabbit with a personal vendetta against them? :( :( :( :(

Our Barney took his dislike of me to a new level yesterday!

Didn't quite bite my arm but ran his teeth down it just breaking the skin. I have now got a parallel track on my arm. a lovely impression of his teeth size!

Make no mistake, this was an unprovoked caclulated assault. I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Who else has got a rabbit with a personal vendetta against them? :( :( :( :(

I have, my Billy hates the sight of me and will try to knaw my ankle at every opportunity:lol: :lol:

casu consulto- it sounds like your mum did a great job looking after them though

Back