• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Weird behavior

Rice

Mama Doe
So I've had Piper back for about two days now from being spayed and she won't have anything to do with me!! She's back to normal with eating and she plays around like before but she won't let me pet her or even touch her at all. She used to lay there and let me pet her for hours at a time! Is this normal? Is she mad at me for taking her to the vet? :roll: :shock: :shock:

oh dear, you got what i was most worried about :( i was told by one person id get bitten after bringing alvin back from the vets!

she probably is feeling a bit off with you because she blames you a bit..... ive also heard that within a week or so they usually forgive and are as loving as ever...... maybe us humans are para and its just the pain that keeps them distant until they feel 100% again...

Yeah give her a couple of weeks to forget any manhandling :) Also I guess being spayed upsets their hormones as suddenly there aren't any - so it may take a couple of months for her hormone levels to settle right down too. So long as she's looking happy and eating, she's not in pain so I'm sure she'll forgive you eventually :)

Its good to hear that eventually she'll forgive me. She's started letting hubby pet her and not me, so I must be on her bad side! :cry: :cry: I've been trying to give her her space and let her come to me. I hope it works!!

awww im sure she will...... i was quite sneaky... i get the bloke to manhandle Alvin while i do the lovely stuff like feeding him his fav veg... hehe

he seems quite happy today, your poor little gal must still be feeling the effects... bribe her with her fav veg shell soon forgive :D

Back