• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

30 Animals Seized In Lancashire

Neil-and-Maria

Warren Veteran
I doubt anyone else saw this but on the local North West news this morning there was an item about 30 animals (I saw dogs and birds, not sure what else) being seized by the RSPCA from a house in Silverdale belonging to a "man". The shocking thing is this is the SAME house that 250 (YES, 250 :shock: they confirmed) dogs and other animals were seized from 5 years ago from his wife. It seems that although she was banned from keeping animals he wasn't. Not the RSPCA's fault, this is the law :roll: .

On a happier sidenote, one of the animals rescued first time round was a rabbit (just the one) who was a little black Lionhead who became our very own Elvis.

Neil

awww neil thats awful. hopefully he will be prosecuted this time... and hopefully the animals will find lovely homes x

Omg :shock: I hope they all find good homes. It' s these kind of legal loopholes that need to be addressed. Not sure what the answer is, but maybe a 'risk ' could be att'd to the house and regular visits made or something, although, lack of resources and funding would probably inhibit this:(

The defence lawyer should be given the oportunity to experience some of the living conditions, these poor animals were subjected to, then maybe he'd think again! Obviously had no defence given that he's only explanaition seems to have been 'it was cleaning time'!

The defence lawyer should be given the oportunity to experience some of the living conditions, these poor animals were subjected to, then maybe he'd think again! Obviously had no defence given that he's only explanaition seems to have been 'it was cleaning time'!

Maizy, I just said that to Maria. How can a lawyer defend scum like that? Of course 2 hours would have made a difference. NOT.

Neil

Maizy, I just said that to Maria. How can a lawyer defend scum like that? Of course 2 hours would have made a difference. NOT.

Neil

Exactly!! I can only hope the laywer in question took one look, decided there was no defence and deliberately made no effort to get this low life off.:? If he didn't, I don't think prosecution lawyers need fear his prospects!

OMG !!!!! 1 WEEK, what sort of deterrant is that! It obviously worked didn't it.:shock: :shock: Sorry, but it's sad that her son had a drug problem, but other parents go through similar without becoming animal hoarders and if it was a kind of 'compensation' thing or the animals were supposed to be some sort of 'substitute', then surely they would have been killing them with kindness, not neglecting them in this barbaric inhumane way? Sorry, couldn't watch the vid:(

OMG !!!!! 1 WEEK, what sort of deterrant is that! It obviously worked didn't it.:shock: :shock: Sorry, but it's sad that her son had a drug problem, but other parents go through similar without becoming animal hoarders and if it was a kind of 'compensation' thing or the animals were supposed to be some sort of 'substitute', then surely they would have been killing them with kindness, not neglecting them in this barbaric inhumane way? Sorry, couldn't watch the vid:(

In truth I watched it (the video) all the way through because it's part of our rabbits' history as Elvis came from there.
One further footnote, I was told by the manager of our local RSPCA shop that they had to go round to this house 19 times before they were able to gain entry and remove the animals.

Neil

19 times! That's awful. How frustrating is that? I bet they knew what they were likely to find, but because the 'process' had to be adhered to, they couldn't do anything. Oh it's so sickening.:( . BUT, on a much happier note,:D Elvis had the best result you could hope for, he's lovely! Well done you! :D :D I can understand why you watched the vid, I know all this nastiness exists, but I really struggle with seeing any kind of neglect/cruelty, I get really distressed, have to leave the room if there's anything like it on the news etc.... even when there's a happy ending!:roll:

Well, I stupidly watched the video......and was in tears and feeling sick by the end. HOW can people be SO cruel? The filth, cruelty, and suffering of these animals was absolutely HORRIFIC.:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: The reunion at the end of the dogs with their new owners was also a tear-jerker......but in a GOOD way!:D :D

Does anyone else feel like taking these 'people' and locking them up in a tiny cage full of their own excrement with no food or water.....or is it just me?!?:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

That's disgusting, and it must be very frustrating for the rspca. How anyone can even begin to defend them I don't know.... of course two hours later the animals would be spotless :roll: :evil: Was the husband there when she was banned in 2005? If he was then I think the ban should have applied to him too at the time as he was allowing the animals to be kept in horrendous conditions too

How pathetic are the laws in this country where you're handed a sentence and don't serve even a quarter of it?
It was distressing to watch, particularly when you can see the dogs still wagging their tails even though they're in such a state :(
Fabulous at the end to see the dogs with new owners, but I wonder if they all made it?

I watch the video all the way through, I really can't believe the state the animals were is in that place and how anybody would live in that house... there just aren't the words! Was good too see some of the dogs at the end, just shows what kind of condition they should be in - how they come through it emotionally though I don't know!

Hannah

Didn't watch the vid but I am staggered at just how anyone can even fit over 240 dogs in their house :shock: I wonder where she got them from? I guess half of them were puppies, but even so - she got 100 dogs from somewhere :shock:

At least little Elvis lived happily ever after :)

I haven't watched the video as I'm seething enough right now as it is.

Ok, first off, I don't CARE what your problem is there is NO EXCUSE in the world that can justify treating another LIVING CREATURE that way.

Yes I agree I would lock them up and let them live in that state also. Sick people.

As for the defense I would like to point out that conjunctivitis from so much urine about is caused by 2 hours of not cleaning right???????????????:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Our country is a joke where laws are concerned with people, let alone animals. The RSPCA is a charity and really can't do much to help animals in my opinion. The RSPCA has an annual turnover of £84 million. According to its website in 2006 it handled 1.1 millon calls to the helpline; investigated 122, 545 complaints of cruelty and prosecuted 898 people. Thats a staggering 99% of cruelty calls that did not end up in a prosecution (there are people on here who have done ten times over that to help animals and their just one person, or a small rescue!) .Neil already said 19 complaints were made and nothing came of it. And this was dogs which let face is have more priority than rabbits. 271 rabbits and we would not even know about this... :cry:

Sorry for my rant ! :oops: :oops: :oops:

Last edited:
The cost of prosecution is so high they can't prosecute everyone for everything!

The law has changed now so these loopholes have been closed thankfully. Disgusting that they must have thought they did nothing wrong to do the same thing again!

Back