• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how long will i need to watch?

donnamt

Wise Old Thumper
After poor missy havin her bun chew open his new wound, how long before its safe to leave Alvin unattended to groom down below??... its already starting to irritate him as he gets quite sulky when i stop him messing with that area :( i wasnt given a collar as the nurse said hopefully it should hold.... hes had two lots of stitches and then glue to hold it... im soooo tired already from lack of sleep last night and i dont know how long im going to be able to stay awake to watch him...

im terrified im going to wake up in the morning and finding a big gaping hole and a 2nd operation for Alvin.... wish id never had this done :cry:

Aww, hang in there. I know from personal experience that stitches are really itchy. I cant offer any good advice unfortunately, may be someone else will soon. Hazel & Acorn are pooing for Britain (that gut motility stuff must really work) but are still ignoring their stitches thankfully.

Maybe if you leave them in a dark room they'll settle down and get some sleep, and let you do the same?? Or could you put a homemade cardboard collar on if you are really worried??

i think ill jus stick it out tonight (i never expected much sleep is why i had the op for today instead of midweek) ill see if i can get a collar tomorrow from the vets depending on how he is tonight... im just hoping the longer the glue holds the stronger it gets lol

Well the longer the glue holds, the more likely the wound is to have started to heal and be able to hold itself together. The down side is that stitches get itchier with time as they dry out. Hazel & Acorn have to go back for a check up on Mon, does Alvin?

yeah, i think he will have two post op checks before he gets signed off.... the first is to be on monday.... he will not be pleased lol

hes sulking right now because i wont let him mess.....and that lovely vetbed i bought him for comfort has been pushed aside and hes just on the carpet...lololol a demon even in pain

Yeh, Hazel seems determined to try and dig up the vetbed as well, but if it's distracting him from the stitches I'm happy :D At the moment they're lying in their hard litter tray on newspaper rather than fluffy soft vet bed :roll:

Try not to worry, he will have stitches inside and out and the glue should prevent him getting to either. He's probably got the message already that he is not to mess, I'm sure he will be fine, but if you are still worried in the morning ask your vet for a cat cone collar and cut it down at the front so he can still reach his food and 'special poos' best wishes :)

watchin him now i think it is them special poos hes after not his stitches... im jus stoopid sometimes....poor bunny cant even poop in peace....lol

:oops: thanks :lol: well all i can say is 'here's to special poos !! ' :lol: :lol:

....tis about the time of night for special poos !!

Last edited:
Back