• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor quality food i.e seeds, oats & corn

vicki267

Mama Doe
I was reading a thread last night about the p@h corn on the cob and cant seem to find it again as it had some info in it I wish to read again. I dont feed the corn on the cob to the rabbits as I know they are also bad for my rats, few issues though:

1) Arnie does occasionally get some fresh peices of corn but from reading the thread it was mentioned that fresh or not rabbits cannot digest the kernals. Does anyone know why this is as Arnie has always been fine with a little but am not feeding anymore unless proved wrong.

2) My 11 week old is currently on Russell Rabbit Junior and although I hate Russell Rabbit I was under the impression that the Junior version was OK. She will be moving over to excel dwarf and junior gradually but since reading that oats and seeds are REALLY bad for rabbits it is giving me the impression that Russell Junior is just as bad as the adult version. Can someone shed some light on this?

3) If anyone has the link to the thread I'm talking about it would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks

Vicki

Cheers, thats what I was looking for.

It seems a bit drastic as I have now noticed it says not to feed dried fruit! Although not given often (birthdays or 1st time of a new treat) Arnie get these too one of which arrived from bunny basics today, the fruity pinata! Of which I may say Arnie loves and I just feel that that particular report is a little OTT any other views?

Back