• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Any breeders

Chrystos

New Kit
I'm going to be moving to North Carolina soon and I'm trying to find a holland lop breeder there do any of you know were they are ?

:wave: I don't know the answer, but just wanted to say that most people on RU are in the UK so probably won't know the answer to your question - so please don't feel that everyone is ignoring you!

I'm in Pennsylvania, but don't know anything about breeders down there. I could ask some breeders closer to me if they know any, if you want. I met some at a recent fair I went to, when we got Puzzle. And I know of a Mini Rex breeder from not too far away that I could also ask if you don't have anyone with better info. A net search could be helpful.

Hi, I'm in Wisconsin. Did you know that holland lops are one of the most common breeds in shelters? They're rather easy to find, and that way you are saving a life too. A large proportion of dumped rabbits are under 1 year old and so are quite young. Babies are sometimes available due to accidental litters and such. Check out Petfinder.com, and call around at local shelters and rescues as many don't have the time to keep Petfinder properly updated. Even if the rescue is some distance away, sometimes it's possible to transport a rescue rabbit to a good home. These can go a really long distance too- some friends of mine are helping transport two buns from Missouri to Ontario!

If you really want to get a baby from a breeder, check out the ARBA website and go to the shows to meet people. Breeders often sell babies at the shows but IMO it's best to visit them and check out the conditions of the rabbitry. Unfortunately not all breeders take good care of their rabbits.

Best of luck!

Back