• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What should I do??

Rice

Mama Doe
I was reading the online ads for my local newspaper and I saw an ad that a man had listed his rabbits for sale to eat! He has probably four or five and he said he doesn't care who they go to, they can be to eat for all he cares.:evil: :evil: What can I do?? I tried to contact the man, but he only left his email and no phone number to call and he hasn't written me back. He live about 2 hours away so I don't know if or when I could go there to collect them from him and I could only keep one even if I did. I called an animal shelter closer to where this man lives and they said there's not really anything they can do... I feel like I need to do something but I don't know what!!

Just spotted you're in the States - in which case all you can do is send him the details of his nearest humane society or rescue - but usually they are full anyway - poor bunnies :(

I guess I'll just try and convince him to take them to a shelter. If he's even going to read and respond to my emails...

Can you not go get them off him and take them to a rescue? Even if you have to fib a little and say you "can no longer manage them" or something?

I can, but not for probably a week or so. I have to get somebody to drive me up and its about two hours away. If he would hold them for me I totally would! He still hasn't responded to my emails and I don't know if he will! I have no other way of getting ahold of him. I'll keep trying though!

Back