• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Large French Lop - keeps me up at night!

loothi

New Kit
Maybe I should have known better but my new French lop, who is a house bunny (in shared accomodation!), is not quite as passive and lazy as I had hoped.

He's a non-neutered male, 6 months old.

At about 4.30 and 6am, he gets very excited, runs around, trashes and rips up newpaper and cardboard boxes. I tried removing the toys he could destroy and locking him in his large dog pen, so he just started throwing his litter tray around the pen, and chewing the metal bars.

He's also a bit snorty, and diggy/nippy in a boy rabbit way so I'm thinking neutering him might help.

As I can't move him to a shared area of the house what can I do to make him sleep when I do??

Thanks in advance!

Probably not a fat lot as the early hours are when bunnies play!!:lol:
Maybe invest in a good pair of earplugs:? , and neutering should calm him down as he won't have all those testosterone surges :D

Sounds like something only neutering and age will cure - they do calm down with age, but I doubt you can wait that long for a good night's sleep :? How about going to bed early and getting up at 5am?

i had exactly the same problem :roll: ear plugs really helped though and now hes a year old hes too lazy to bother!

i had this problem about 6 weeks ago when i had my bun Lilli in my bedroom she kept me awake from 1am til 7am i bought a hutch the next day and moved her out side lol rabbits do seem to be more laid back with age. i hope you can sort this out hun like everyone else has suggested find some good ear plugs :p

Thanks all. He's been a bit better recently. Having him out in the garden for a few hours helps, and making sure he's up as late as I am! I've taken to hiding under the duvet when he's scampering and not reacting. I think he'd rather I got up and played, so the novelty wears off when I don't.

Anyway, it's just good to talk with people who've been there.

It's great to have support. :)

x

Back