• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice Please.....Maybe Sooz can help?!

Pipstrel

Mama Doe
Ok, we've noticed that Minstrel doesn't seem to be very observant he seems to miss things that are straight in front of him. If a treat is on the floor he'll sniff and step right over it and then have to go back to find it. Piper however will go straight up to a treat and pick it up.

Could there be something wrong with his vision?

Sooz, did you ever notice this when he was with you?

I know rabbits can't see things close to them directly in front of them but its just coz he does things differently to piper. Surely if he hops up to something from a distance he should then be able to know where it is! After all Horses are the same and they can jump!!!

Thanks Helen x

Well mine are all the same so I guess it's normal? I usually have to point to something on the floor for them to find it in a largish area :)

ok thanks, so long as its just him being a bit daft and there's nothing wrong with his eyes. She does seem to be more intelligent as she uses her paws to hold things where as he just pushes things round until they come up against a wall or something! He got a cardboard box stuck on his head last night(doh! :roll: ) and Sean has to get it off for him where as piper just pushed it off her head with her paws!!

He was a bit like that when he was here, especially in the run. He would go in the hidey box and have his bum stuck out one end but still be trying to get out the other side which was a solid wall. Also if I put a treat ball on the hutch with some veg in it Piper would be straight there happily nibbling away whereas Minstrel seemed to head butt it for a bit first before he worked out what it was. They are both gorgeous healthy rabbits though

I must just have one clever rab and one not so clever then! mayne that's why he steals food off her coz he hasn't noticed that there's loads more!! He's lovely tho and will sit on my knee for ages being stroked whilst she jumps straight off, she's much happier exploring on her own than having cuddles :(

Back