• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Took Upton for his myxi jab U/D Pics added sexing help pls.

AlbionLass

Alpha Buck
I took Upton for his myxi jab this morning and the vet couldn't find his plums.:shock:

The vet isn't sure he's a girl either though.
I just rang the breeder and she said she sexed his as a buck when he was tiny but hadn't really looked since so maybe he really is a she.:lol:

Upton is going back to the vets in 2 weeks for his VHD jab and in the meantime I'm going to keep checking 'down there' when he's a bit more relaxed as he may have hoiked his plums up if he felt nervous about the vets and the two mile walk in his carrier to get there.
The vet said she thought she could feel a willy (sorry) but wasn't sure.
It's hard for me to think of Upton being a girl he just seems like a chap to me.

I discussed the possibility that he'd retained his testicles with the vet and possible problems later if this was the case.

Not knowing is frustrating.:(

Last edited:
Having checked a few times since yesterday I have to conclude that I can't decide on which sex Upton is.:?
He/she's still the most confident, outgoing, friendly bun I've ever owned though, gender makes now difference.
Upton has only been here a week and a couple of days and it feels like he's always been here.:D

Last edited:
The way my vet sexed my boy is to pop his bits out by pressing on just below.It was like a cats winky,hope this helps,rick

Yes the vet did that, she wasn't 100% sure. Maybe she doesn't see many bunnies.
I've looked at Upton myself this morning and campared him/her to photos on the net ad searched through previous sexing threads on this site and it's hard to say either way. Thare are two bald area of skin either side and a little way from the genital area that look like little empty plum sacks but I'm not sure. Do does have areas of bare skin there too?

Last edited:
I tried to take a couple of pics, sorry they aren't very good, I needed about 3 pairs of hands.:?

Any ideas anyone? He or she?

DSC00039.jpg

DSC00040.jpg

My girls not like that,id say it was a boy,try and press down right below and it should pop out the winky.This is more of a hole for a boy not a girl,is there flabby skin that could be the sack.

I think so too but haven't seen his willy pop out or seen any plums, I think pton is doing it on purpose tp perplex me.:roll:

Back