• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Charm should be having his teeth pulled today

Here's hoping. Charm is booked into the vets today to have his horribly mis-aligned teeth pulled out. Here's hoping that thi vets will do it and everything is ok.

Yeah I took him there. I'm worried about him though. All he's done since I brought him back is sit dead center under my bed feeling sorry for himself. :( I'm worried about him. He's not been this upset in ages and he isn't taking treats or having fusses either. :( -wonders if he can still eat his treats and play with his rattle-

Which teeth has he had removed??

Smudge had his incisors removed in December 05 and can still manage more than I think he can. I just have to chop everything up and slice things thinner for him etc. - but he can be seen eathing the lawn just like Daisy and chomping on huge blackberry leaves.

If it's the same teeth as Smudge - he will be fine.

Last edited:
His incisors. He will be very sore for a while. Did he get any extra pain meds for tomorrow such as oral metacam? Who operated?

I still have pain medicine from when he cut all the back of his mouth open from overgrown teeth I think...Meloxidyl. They didn't tell me who operated and I forgot to ask. I'm terrible during the day time as that's my beddy bies times, I forget to ask things.

Hope he's feeling fine this morning :wave: Have you managed to tempt him with food yet? When Kiki had her front teeth out for the second time, she had a strong 24 hour painkiller at the Vets and didn't need any more after that so they don't always need additional pain relief

Smudge came home with no medication at all - what a brave bunny.:D

He was fine the next day but we had to keep him and Daisy apart as he kept attacking her - he obviously wanted to be left on his own for a while.

We still have his removed teeth. :oops:

Charm came home with no additional medicine, but I still have like an animal medicine cabinet plus the animal medicine cabinet at my mums should he need anything. Plus point of having been to the vets so often I guess.

He started eating last night which was good, although he didn't eat much but the vet said that he probably wouldn't eat much right away.

Anyway he was still avoiding me this afternoon. I went to stroke him and he couldn't run away fast enough, but when I got back from flat viewing I think his alone time was beginning to bore him. I fed him some of his herbs before taking him into the bedroom. So he laid in front of my window (his alone space) and I sat on the bed doing a jigsaw and slowly but surely he turned a little bit every now and then so Only his bum was under the window and he was facing me. Eventually he got up and ran around before plonking himself in his usual "well I'm here fuss me" spot. So I went to stroke him and have been fussing him and feeding him those yoghurt drops for bunnies and guinaes from around 5pm till about an hour ago when I started making myself dinner.

He doesn't seem to need any pain killer and he was munching his food earlier. Not seen him eat hay though yet. I even put down the forage stuff as it's shorter but to no avial. I can see he's not touched that.

Back