• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Getting Snowy another friend

rineyroo

Mama Doe
I've been thinking about getting Snowy another friend after the tragic death of Horatio. How long should I wait? Its been a week now :cry: My cousin has an unspayed doe whose friend has recently died also, is there any chance they could bond? I might try this even though there's such a small chance of them becoming friends. I suspect I'll end up going to the RSPCA should I take Snowy along to pick a new boyfriend?

Last edited:
if the doe is unspayed it is un likely they will get on, i would suggest taking snowy to the rspca and see lovely boyfruends they have for her! This is what we did with Domino and we found pebbles! :)

So sorry you've lost Horatio - it must be a horrible time for you:( .
Why don't you try Snowy with your cousins rabbit to see how they get along? It would be the same as going to the RSPCA, you'd need to take Snowy to see how they got along.
Good luck :)

Hopefully I'm going to try Fluffy with Snowy this weekend. Fluffy might actually be spayed. They're not sure as they got her from a crazy old lady who was going to release her into a field! :censored: :censored:. She did neuter another rabbit they had. I'm not expecting any success, but you never know. Snowy can be a moody girl and loves a good nibble on my clothes and arms, I like to think she's grooming me just a tad too hard! Also Fluffy lives in a huge enclosure it must be 14 ft by 8ft at least but Snowy's shed is only 6 by 4 with an attached 6 by 4 run would it be cruel to move to her into smaller accomodation?

make sure when you try them together its on completly neutral ground. Does are very terratorial and both will try to protect their patch! try the bathroom, kitchen etc, somewhere they have never been. :) good luck

I tried them together, Snowy went mental and humped poor Fluffy and ripped some fur out. I'll try again tomorrow but it's not looking good, it was worth a try though. I'm going to a localish rescue one evening this week but the choice of bun won't be mine, I'll let Queen Snowy decide. :roll:

Back