• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Milly & Molly have arrived!!!!!

LionheadLuver

Warren Veteran
Hi
I am so happy with them. They are so gorge. They arrived while I was on my lunch break so I was able to get home and see them settle in. It was hard going back to college after seeing them but I did it and I'm proud of myself for it. They jumped straight in and were exploring. The brown and white is called Milly. The black and white is called Molly. They first pooed and ate hay within half an hour of arriving. And they pooed in the litter tray!!!!! I'm so pleased. Molly is more confident than Milly. Milly likes to doze off in the bedroom compartment and Molly likes to see everything that's going on. My dog has said hello to them too. They have eaten some pellets, meadow hay and timothy hay and pooed so many times, their litter tray is almost full up. The first poos they did were quite large and squashy but now their poos are small and round. I haven't seen them wee but i guess that they have. We have picked them up and stroked them. Molly showed us that she was relaxed in our space but Milly showed us she was a bit nervous, a bit white eyed and tense, but we'll work on making her more relaxed. They were also washing each other earlier and themselves. After reading this medium-long post, you can now enjoy some pics.

Hutch:
63m4rat.jpg

Their bedroom:
5zfvaf6.jpg

Their litter tray(which now has loads of poos in it:lol: ):
6crcs9y.jpg

Their 5ftx5ft run(with their little shelter in there):
52p3vi0.jpg

Now here's some piccies of the babies:
Milly's hiding:lol: :
4ml19cg.jpg

Still a bit shy....:
505gkud.jpg

Here she is:
4xuyvys.jpg

Now Molly's turn:
Who are you?:
5xt0qw4.jpg

And a closeup of her gorgeous face:
4y04woi.jpg

I'll get some better pics at the weekend when they are in their run. Just wanted to let them settle in first. So, what do you think of them? Aren't they the cutest? They are now dozing off at the front of the hutch in the sun. Completely relaxed and content. Will try and get a pic with them dozing off together but everytime we go near, Milly moves off.

Last edited:
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww you can tell by your typing you are so pleased, they sound as if they are setteling in just fine:wave: :wave: :wave:

aww! thanks. Milly is bigger than Molly. Does this mean anything about their gender? Is there any way of knowing what their gender is just by looking at them?

Aw they are lovely! You sound really happy with them :) With the size, when I got my boy he was quite small compared to the others he was with (all boys), it could just be down to having more 'dominant' siblings when they were all together and so some got a bit more food than others. My boy is pretty big now so they might end up similar sizes now that there are less bunnies to fight over the food! If you are worried you can get the vet to check their gender when you go in a few weeks for vaccinations, my vet checked my two without me having to ask anyway. :wave:

thanks bailey. When can a female get pregnant? They are going in a few weeks to get their vacs, so they'll be 12 weeks old. also, do you like my siggy?:D

Welcome to your new home Milly and Molly :wave:
You are both lovely :D

I would get their gender confirmed by your Vet ASAP. If either are Bucks their plums may already be down. If you have a Doe and a Buck then really the Doe is at risk of pregnancy any time from now if they are 12 weeks old.

Janex

Last edited:
thanks. Jack's-Jane, they are 9 weeks old. They'll be 12 weeks old when they have their vacs. Sorry if I confused anyone about that. :oops: I just put some more food into their bowl, and Molly was trying to jump out and Milly lunged at me. :cry: Is this a problem? I am quite nervous around them because I think I'm going to drop them or let them jump out. I think this stells from when I held my hamster and I nearly dropped her and she never let me hold her again. So I think milly lunged because she sensed my nervousous. What do you guys think? But they are now eating peacefully together from the bowl.

Awww - they are beautiful :p Love your siggy too :D I see you are already showing an entirely normal obsession with your bunny's poo too :lol:

:lol: :lol: thanks elve. I feel like a mummy when their baby does their first poo. :lol: We went round the house shouting they have done poos. :lol: The neighbours must have thought we were mad. I think they have eaten their cactropes poos too cos they were big and squashy and about 10-15 minutes later, they weren't there anymore.

here's a pic of them together:
52ng6r4.jpg

Can anyone help with my nervousness? I'm planning to fully secure the garden so I think that'll help me with my confidence cos I'll know that if they did jump out, they can't get out of the garden and it'll only be a matter of time before they are caught again. At the moment, there are holes around the edge so i'm terrified that they'll get out of the garden if i let them jump out(by acident of course!).

Can anyone help with my nervousness? I'm planning to fully secure the garden so I think that'll help me with my confidence cos I'll know that if they did jump out, they can't get out of the garden and it'll only be a matter of time before they are caught again. At the moment, there are holes around the edge so i'm terrified that they'll get out of the garden if i let them jump out(by acident of course!).

I like the siggy too :) And the poo obsession will only get worse :lol: I actually enjoyed seeing the size and colour change of my new bun's poos when I got her :oops: :lol:
Bunny proofing the garden will make you a lot more confident I am sure. Until then, you could only open the door a little and crouch down with your knees on the hutch, so if they tried to get out then you could stop them easily. You can transfer them to their carrier to move them to the run if you are worried about them jumping out of your arms.
The little lunge at you might be nerves on your bunny's part. My new bun still does this (I've had her a couple of weeks) if she doesn't know what I am doing, although she had been in the rescue for a long time so probably hadn't been around people much.
Is there anyway you can take them inside or sit in their run with them when you introduce them to it? Spending time with them will probably make all of you less nervous :)

thanks bailey. I think it will help securing the garden. I put them into their carrier this morning to change their water, food etc, and they were really good. I am planning to sit in the run with them when they are introduced to it at the weekend and I will use the carrier when transporting them from the hutch to the run, and vise visa. Thanks.

aww. how exciting for you - turnsgreen with envy - you have two beautiful buns. my first two buns i ever had were very similar in colourings. good luck with everything :wave:

Yay you finally got them, I'm so pleased for you and well done again for all the time you put in to researching how they should be looked after properly before you got them. They are really pretty girlies :D

Back