• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Peanuts having the snip 2mo!

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
After peanut dug his way into jellys run i reaised the temptation was too much for him lol!
so he is booked in for his snip tomorrow. the vets are good there, they did domino and they were great. but im still going to worry. domino was ALOT smaller than peanut, as domino was 4 months, and peanut is a year and 3 months. Im sure it will be okay, but with domino....he hadnt reached the 'stage' yet. he wasnt nipping, peeing or humping...he still acted like a a baby...so i never saw a personality change..he just stayed the same :)

but because of his age peanut is a little so and so! The only thing that concerns me....is when we got him he was soo placid....and didnt do much!
as soon as he got older, althought he was spraying and had hormones...he became SO lively and is always running around in circles in his run etc....

will he change alot?

sorry if i sound stupid lol, i just dont want to take his lovely personality away

funny enough Misty and Simba are in for their neuter tomorrow as well lol the only thing the neuter will take away from peanut is (obviously his bits :oops:) and his homones :D good luck to Peanut tomorrow he will be fine

My boy had his snip today.
He was my first experience of bunny neutering and I spent the whole day willing the phone to ring with good news!
He is now hopping happily around downstairs and is refusing to eat only top quality dandelions!
Good lyck with your buns op!

Good luck everyone for tomorrow :wave:
When my bun was done he calmed down a lot in that he didn't spray and hump, but he still has a mad dash around when the mood takes him! And he still dances in circles around me if he thinks I have food for him :lol:

yeh thats what peanuts like! i know someone who got their rabbit neutured...and he never ran again, he didnt binky or anything...he jus went...dull! and i love peanuts personality....

leaving in a minute, ive had to buy him an extra big carry casge cus he stamps in the other one! it has a little blanket so he better apriciate it!!

byeeeeee

...he became SO lively and is always running around in circles in his run etc....

will he change alot?

sorry if i sound stupid lol, i just dont want to take his lovely personality away

Don't forget though that what you see through your human eyes as a lovely personality could in actual fact be largely due to sexual frustration. I think it is fairly common for male buns to become more relaxed after the op - because they are not constantly buzzing around looking for something to hump. So whilst your friends bun may within your human perception have gone from having a lovely personality to being dull, in fact the rabbit may well have been a lot happier and not feeling the need to expend a lot of nervous sexual energy by racing around all the time!

well yeh thats true. as long as hes happy thats the main thing. i hope he will be okay :(

just bought him a new bed, toys and some tasty fresh hay for when he comes home

Back