• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My creation - how i cut my thumb!!

DDD

Mama Doe
I wanted to get a little shelter for Douglas and Desmond, but didn't want to spend a fortune so thought about making one from wood we already had. On another post, i posted how i managed to saw my thumb - ouch!!!

Anyway, here is Desmond enjoying his hidey hole!!! i need to put something waterproof on the top but its ok for now as not raining!!

P9110005.jpg

and some more cute photos of them enjoying the cardboard box they had before i built their new hideout!!

P9110006.jpg

i had to get them off the grass as they were destroying it and i was worried about them getting out. i can see them better from the house on the concrete though.

P9110004.jpg

scared little desmond popping his head out to check its all clear!
P9110002.jpg

Douglas using his litter tray as a lookout - wish he could get used to what it is really for!!!
P9110001.jpg

thats enough for now - i hope they enjoy what i made them as i will be permanently scarred on my thumb!!

:D Well done! Their hidey box looks lovely and solid and will certainly protect them from the icy blasts if we ever get a proper winter!!:lol: Gorgeous buns, by the way!!

If you put hay in their litter tray, they might get the hang of it, buns like to poo and chew :thumb: We also use litter trays and storage boxes like these

DSCF3704.jpg

DSCF3333.jpg

DSCF2660.jpg

DSCF2703.jpg

(there is a bunny in there, you can just see him :lol: )

2006_0610bobbyandralph0009.jpg

Give it a try! They'll love you for it ;)

:D Well done! Their hidey box looks lovely and solid and will certainly protect them from the icy blasts if we ever get a proper winter!!:lol: Gorgeous buns, by the way!!

they also have a lovely 2 storey hutch so should stay warm in there in winter too!!!

thanks for comments, i too think they're gorgeous!!!

thanks bunny hugger. i will try the hay. i do put small amounts of hay in litter tray - not quite like yours though!!! i will def try though. they have stopped weeing in their bedroom now which is good

Back