• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How soon to go to vet?

LionheadLuver

Warren Veteran
Hi
I am getting new buns tomorrow. :D When you get a puppy or a kitten, you take it to the vet like a week after getting it to check it over. Do you do the same with bunnies? They'll be going in 4 weeks anyway for their injections so shall I wait till then or sooner? I'd also like to check the gender of them to be absolutely 100% sure that they are both girls. It's just always at the back of my mind with two buns.

Well they're too young to breed, and unneccessary trips to the vets will more likely make them ill than help them, so I'd wait till they have their vacs - but I know a lot of people think they should have a health checkup as soon as you get them, so really it's up to you - you are the bunny mummy! :p

One of my rabbits was found wandering in a garden she was around 8 weeks old.I took her to the vets the same day to get her checked over.They booked me in a week later for her myxi.
My other two were rescues so didn,t need to go to the vets until their myxi was due:D

Yeah I forgot to say that - it really depends where you are getting them from too - a rescue will vet check them at least once before you take them, but any other bunnies are really an unknown :)

they can breed from 12 weeks right? it's 3 weeks till their vac. oops. I think I'll wait. They are rescue buns so hopefully, they should be both girls ie, Greenwich rescue should know what sex they are. Don't know what I'll do if they're not. Lets not think about that.

Back