• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Thumper....yet another dental....HOME

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
My old man Grumpy Thumper is at the vets tomorrow . I suspect his molars are bothering him again . :?

im realy worried as he has lost lots of weight over the last few months . he is just skin and bones ...bless him . :( :(

Hes slowing down now and spends most of his time snuggled up to flopsey .

ohhhh my grumpy little man ....what will i do if he doesnt make it back home:(

9.5 years is a long time to grow attached to a bunny :( :cry:

some vibes would be welcome folks

Last edited:
:shock: blimey hes an old man!

Hope all goes well for him at the vets. How long has he been having dentals for?

Cor blimey Thumper me old mate, our flippin' teeth can be a right nuisance :rolleyes:
Us oldies could do without all the faffing about at the Vets. Why Bunnies cant have a nice set of dentures I dont know :?
Anyways, I hope all goes well tomorrow and that the wife looks after you.
If me and you ever meet up I'll tell you about the time during the war when I was on a secret mission behind enemy lines.

All the best Thumper

Grandpa Gregory ( Aged 10+)

Picture900.jpg

Awww poor Thumps - I can't believe he's still plodding on after all the scares he's given you these past 2 years! :p As they say - 'creaking gates last the longest' - Hope he's OK :)

Thumper is home :love: :love: :love:
ohhh hes sick of me slobbering kissess all over him....:roll: ...he just wants to get back to his food :D hes tucking into his tea as i type .

we thought he only had slight spurs but when the vet put him under and had a proper look he had a huge spur growing under his tongue:shock: :?

no bad ulcers or sores though and although he looks much thinner he hasnt actualy lost that much weight after all .

ive been working out when he started with teeth trouble and he must have had between 22 and 25 dentals so far ..:?

at an average of £65 a time thats ....thats at least £1500 :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

That is good news, well done Thumper.....

How often does he have to have his teeth done? One of mine has just been recently and I have to take him back in 4 weeks to have them filed (or whatever it is) as his teeth have grown into his jaw so they need to keep it under control. I am really annoyed that the vet has not noticed this before now as he has not been away from there since Christmas with one thing and another! Now they have showed me how to feel the jaw I am a little bit wiser.

Thanks, we are hoping to reduce the time for Homer. I will just have to keep my fingers crossed and keep encouraging him to eat the grass more.

Yay, glad he is feeling so much better!

Ive been lucky in that my dental bun Fiver has gone 8 months with no more problems but e had to change his diet quite drastically! The original estimate was once every three months.

We were told that Nibbles is prolly gonna have to have her teeth done. The vet said its not bad yet, but will need doing in about a month.
Both my girlies have teeth problems :(

Glad he's back safe and sound:D
The bill for dentals does add up...we're glad we are near vets who do most without a GA..I know some people are against this but we couldn't afford to keep the bad dental rescues going without this option....wish more vets would learn the technique:?

Back