• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hoarding poo....

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
Midnight is acting very strange ....

for some reason he doesnt seem to want to poo when in hias hutch....and yes he has a litter tray in there .

when i put him in the run though he does piles and piles of it :shock:

ive never known a bun do this before and it only started a couple of days ago :?

Ah - he's just being a clean boy :) Mine all save up tons for their run - saves on cleaning hutches, and I get to sweep up the patio :p

hmmmm ...actualy nemo saves his up for the sofa:evil: :evil: :evil: but he does sprinkle a few here and there .
Midnight has been in his hutch since 9.30 this morning and not even 1 poo to be seen ....till i put him back in the run :roll:

Yeah I don't like leaving Maa in too long as she really holds her wee, which I don't think is healthy at all - although MAJOR BREAKTHROUGH :p I've actually got her litter trained at last by putting wall to wall litter trays in her hutch - she wouldn't want to dirty her 'bed' before that, and would do it on the floor - Maybe he'd like several trays to choose from? Or maybe it's a territorial thing if he can smell other bunnies? I know my bunnies rush to smell the other's 'deposits' on the patio, and deposit their own :lol: Ah well - each to their own :rolleyes:

Sugar holds till the morning, thos since her spay she hasn't! once she was so desperate i had to run to get her potty for in the house for her to go in if a bunny could sigh, Sugar would have! buns!

angie, zeb went through a phase of that (after he had gi stasis - i think he associated his litter tray with pain :( ) and for about 2 months he'd only go in the garden or the corner of the kitchen :shock:

he has started using his tray again now though - and he didnt seem to have any side effects from holding it all night.

i'd give it time - i dont think it will harm midnight - and he might get back to normal soon :)

Why couldn't he have taught my other buns how to do that before he left:?

Calel will only go in his litter tray. When he's loose, he doesn't go at all - indoors or out:D

Bobby is a pooping machine when hes in the run. But that may be down to the amount of grass he eats. You can tell where he's been in the garden!!

Back