• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Piper can come home!

Rice

Mama Doe
So the vet just called to say that everything went great with Piper's spay surgery and I can come pick her up this afternoon! :D I'm so relieved to hear she's awake and things went good, I was really worried for some reason. I was certain they were going to call and say they'd lost her or something! Thought I'd share the good news! Oh, and any tips on how to keep her comfy when she gets home??

Keep her warm, and try to tempt her to eat her favourite veg. If she normally drinks from a bottle it might be worth trying her with a bowl as some buns seem to find it easier to use post-spay. Try not to worry too much if she doesn't seem to want to move around much over the next 12 hours or so..she may well be quite groggy!

Give her an old duvet/towels or some vetbed to lay on. She won't want to move too much so these are easily washed and soft on her sore tummy.

Back