• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cole and his injury

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
For those that have read this.
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=101405

This is the very pee'd off Cole in his neck collar
Colesca.jpg

and this is his wound:cry:
Colescar.jpg

the problem with it..that the pic doesn't show..is it is so uneven..the tearing goes out in five different directions...much further underneath than the pic shows....most of the skin from area was missing..and the wound is deep and messy:cry:
The vet restitched him today and I will do all I can to keep this lad going
Amputation may not be an option due to the postion of the wound...
keep those vibes coming.

Last edited:
Jill what happened to him?

Just seen the link! I can't believe they've fallen out!! :shock: Poor little Cole, I do hope he makes a speedy recovery.xx

Last edited:
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww poor Cole I bet he's P'd off bless him, sending loads of vbes to make a speedy recovery:D :D

Just to put everyone's mind at rest..the vet has said PTS may have to be considered..BUT Honeybunnies has a VERY STRICT no PTS policy until all other avenues are exhausted..
I will do everything I can for this bunster....

:wave:

Sending Cole lots and lots of recovery vibes. Hope his wound is better soon.

Claire, Charlie and Maizie xxx

I dunno if it helps but I remember seeing that they treat cats with wounds that go over joints/creases by rotating a spare bit of skin around and covering it over. That way the wound isn't on the part that moves.

You'd maybe need an expert to do that though, perhaps you vet could speak with a bunny expert and they'd have more ideas.

All the three legged bunnies I've heard of have coped fine and with no decrease in mobility.

Tam

Poor Cole....I really hope that he manages to heal well and quickly. What an awkward place for an injury like that.:cry: :cry: Sending tons of healing vibes for him. XXXXX

I dunno if it helps but I remember seeing that they treat cats with wounds that go over joints/creases by rotating a spare bit of skin around and covering it over. That way the wound isn't on the part that moves.

You'd maybe need an expert to do that though, perhaps you vet could speak with a bunny expert and they'd have more ideas.

Tam

I had a similar thought. I've worked with cats with severe collar cuts (where the collar has got stuck under one leg and cut a made an awful wound in the leg crease). They are awful to treat and some cats have to be pts because they just wont heal and the position means its constantly aggravated. There is a vet in Nottingham who supposed to be one of the best for treating collar cuts.

Back