PDA

View Full Version : I'm going on a rescue mission...

bunny_burrows
12-09-2007, 05:30 PM
Grrr I am so angry, this story could become a little complicated, so I apologise in advance. One of my mum's friends has a neice who just bought a rabbit from P@H for her little girl. Well, she has had the bunny less than two weeks and she is sick of it and wants to get rid of it, now!

She gave the bunny to her aunt (my mum's friend) asking her to 'get rid of it'.:censored: Well, my mum's friend somehow expected that seeing as I'd just lost Ruby that I would take on this rabbit no questions, well that got me mad. I've just lost Ruby I don't want a :censored: replacement, rabbits aren't objects - you don't just go replace one you broke!!:roll: :roll: :evil::cry: :cry:

Anyway, although I really don't the time or emotional strength right now for a new rabbit I am really worried about this little guy (the girl's daughter picked him up by his lose skin:shock: :cry: ), so I have agreed to foster hin for now - just until I can find a good home for him. Poor little guy, I feel so sorry for him.:( Grr, some people make me so angry the way they just treat rabbits like objects they can get rid of whenever they want!:evil: :roll:

Wish me luck going to get this little guy - I don't know what to expect!:shock:

Jack's-Jane
12-09-2007, 05:39 PM
Good luck Jess.
Ruby would be proud of you :)

Janex

XMissySJx
12-09-2007, 05:43 PM
well if theyve had him two weeks hopefully he wont be in a bad way, poor bunny :(

well done for going to get him x

unalakey
12-09-2007, 05:46 PM
Well done, hope you post some piccy's soon xxx

Beatrix Potter
12-09-2007, 05:57 PM
why are people so stupid!? :evil:

Luciuslop
12-09-2007, 05:58 PM
You know the way I always try to look at things is that when I lose one of my friends whether it be rat, rabbit, guinea pig, etc the space they have left can be filled by another needy cause. I would like to believe that whoever has passed on would be happy to think that I can help someone else then. Maybe you could look at that way too. You cannot replace Ruby as Ruby was unique, but I'm sure she would be smiling down from the rainbow bridge if she knew you have helped another bun in need. I also find having someone else to concentrate helps me with the grieving process.

Have you collected the little guy yet?
Taz

Snowflakes mummy
12-09-2007, 06:03 PM
I agree with Jane - ruby would be really proud of you!. And at least he will be safe for now.

luvabun
12-09-2007, 06:13 PM
I agree with the above.. I think sometimes these little critters are deliberately put in our way for a reason...

An example... the delightful Rusty went to the Bridge and I was devastated and couldn't contemplate getting a "replacement" for well over a month. I even considered keeping Spike as a single bun as the emotions were too raw. Then I saw the pic of Kiki and the rest is history. Rusty will always have a very special place in my heart, as will Molly :cry: I get tearful at the memory of them but I'm so glad I was able to come to terms with that and bring Kiki into Spikes and my life.
Time will tell and just go with your feelings

Azraelm
12-09-2007, 09:13 PM
Aw hope you get him soon, poor little guy :(

bunny_burrows
12-09-2007, 09:26 PM
Thank you everyone - I know what you are saying, and when this came up I did think maybe it was a sign or something, but I don't know. I'll have to think about it...:?

Well, he is here!:D He is such a gorgeous little boy, he looks like a dwarf lop (to my uneducated eye;) ) and I think must only be a few weeks old. He is called 'Ian', although I don't really think he suits it!:lol: Anyway, here are a few pics I snapped:

Ian in the cage he came in (and he had no hay, no toys - nothing!:shock: )
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd237/Jess636/Ian/Iancage.jpg

And the cute boy himself :love:
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd237/Jess636/Ian/Ian1.jpg
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd237/Jess636/Ian/Ian2.jpg
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd237/Jess636/Ian/Ian3.jpg

Isn't he adorable?:love: And so sweet and playful - the idea that anyone could sentence a poor bun like him to a lifetime stuck in a small cage makes me so angry!:cry:

Azraelm
12-09-2007, 09:28 PM
:love: He's gorgeous!

He would have been much too big for that cage soon enough! He's very lucky to have ended up with you.

cavysrock
12-09-2007, 09:31 PM
oh wow, he is beautiful :love:

Bunnytod
12-09-2007, 09:33 PM
oh wow, he is beautiful :love:

I second that:love: :love:

Ozzy'sMummy
12-09-2007, 09:38 PM
You've kidnapped Ozzy!!!! :lol:

He's a stunner!!

bunny_burrows
12-09-2007, 10:39 PM
Thanks guys - I know he is gorgeous!:love: *repeats to self* "I wont become a failed fosterer, I wont become a failed fosterer, he will find a new home, I'm not going to keep him...":lol:

Indiechic
12-09-2007, 11:04 PM
he is a beauty, im so proud of you x

Thea & Bobbin
12-09-2007, 11:58 PM
Oh what a sweetie!! :love: Well done on taking him in :D Poor little chap, his cage looks so clinical and boring :shock:

spinnersue
13-09-2007, 12:16 AM
He's lovely. I would put money on it that you will fall in love with him and keep him.;)

BunnyBekkie
13-09-2007, 01:15 AM
Awwwwww, such a sweetie bunny. How could someone get bored of him?! He's so gorgeous!

Stupid kids :censored:

luvabun
13-09-2007, 06:06 AM
Awww, in those last 2 pics he's saying "look I promise to be good.. honest"

Fairy13
13-09-2007, 07:46 AM
:love: Aw He's gorgeous!!
Well done you for taking him in! :D

Luciuslop
13-09-2007, 08:51 AM
He is stunning:love: :love: I bet you will not be able to part with him.

theresa
13-09-2007, 10:10 AM
he could be a twin to my bun jon, and i couldnt part with him for anything,well ians landed on his feet now me thinks:lol:

Bex
14-09-2007, 01:50 PM
Sometimes the world works in strange ways but I think he's a lovely looking bunny, and seems to be very lucky to have such a good new home.

AlbionLass
14-09-2007, 01:55 PM
He's lovely. I wish I lived closer as I may be looking for a boy bunny to neuter and hopefully bond with Upton.

Best of luck with him.:D

VickiWillow
14-09-2007, 02:09 PM
Aww he is so so cute, I wouldn't blame you if you did fail as a fosterer!! Have you thought of another name for him yet? I'm glad he's ended up with you.

Vicki x

elve
14-09-2007, 03:06 PM
Awww - he's like my bunny Maa, in miniature - she's a darling too :love:

Ben's mum
14-09-2007, 03:19 PM
He matches your decor, you've got to keep him ;)

Rabbers
14-09-2007, 03:23 PM
He matches your decor, you've got to keep him ;)

Lol! :lol:

He's lovely! Keep him :-) It is a sign you know.....

capel
14-09-2007, 03:24 PM
He is so lovely and I'd take the fact that he is colour co-ordinated with your decor, to be another sign!!!!Oh, and I think IAN is a lovely name.:lol:

TheGaffer
14-09-2007, 03:47 PM
awww he's gorgeous!! go on keep him!!! :lol: :lol:

bunny_burrows
14-09-2007, 04:32 PM
Lol, come on guys stop tempting me!!:lol: :lol: :lol: It's hard enough as it is with him following me around the house all the time.:love:

I was also thinking maybe Dougal or Harvey as a name?:D

ecudc
14-09-2007, 05:53 PM
oh he's so cute - You gotta keep him. If he's following you around it's obviously love :D I think he would make a very good dougal although ian is pretty funny.

On the getting bored after 2 weeks :evil: I would never buy my kid a pet until they were old enough to look after it and they would be told that they looked after it no questions asked for as long as it lived. If the rabbit wasn't fed, neither would my kids be :censored: I had gerbils when I was 9 and did everything for them (except buy the food and bedding), I wanted the pet, it was my responsibility.

Ali
14-09-2007, 05:58 PM
Youve got to keep him

He's adorable:love: :love: :love:

Ali
14-09-2007, 05:59 PM
And I love the name HARVEY

Lea-Anne
14-09-2007, 05:59 PM
You'll name him, you'll keep him TRUST ME ! :lol: He is gorgeous. I am so relieved hes found his way to you. :D