• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm going on a rescue mission...

Grrr I am so angry, this story could become a little complicated, so I apologise in advance. One of my mum's friends has a neice who just bought a rabbit from P@H for her little girl. Well, she has had the bunny less than two weeks and she is sick of it and wants to get rid of it, now!

She gave the bunny to her aunt (my mum's friend) asking her to 'get rid of it'.:censored: Well, my mum's friend somehow expected that seeing as I'd just lost Ruby that I would take on this rabbit no questions, well that got me mad. I've just lost Ruby I don't want a :censored: replacement, rabbits aren't objects - you don't just go replace one you broke!!:roll: :roll: :evil::cry: :cry:

Anyway, although I really don't the time or emotional strength right now for a new rabbit I am really worried about this little guy (the girl's daughter picked him up by his lose skin:shock: :cry: ), so I have agreed to foster hin for now - just until I can find a good home for him. Poor little guy, I feel so sorry for him.:( Grr, some people make me so angry the way they just treat rabbits like objects they can get rid of whenever they want!:evil: :roll:

Wish me luck going to get this little guy - I don't know what to expect!:shock:

well if theyve had him two weeks hopefully he wont be in a bad way, poor bunny :(

well done for going to get him x

You know the way I always try to look at things is that when I lose one of my friends whether it be rat, rabbit, guinea pig, etc the space they have left can be filled by another needy cause. I would like to believe that whoever has passed on would be happy to think that I can help someone else then. Maybe you could look at that way too. You cannot replace Ruby as Ruby was unique, but I'm sure she would be smiling down from the rainbow bridge if she knew you have helped another bun in need. I also find having someone else to concentrate helps me with the grieving process.

Have you collected the little guy yet?
Taz

I agree with the above.. I think sometimes these little critters are deliberately put in our way for a reason...

An example... the delightful Rusty went to the Bridge and I was devastated and couldn't contemplate getting a "replacement" for well over a month. I even considered keeping Spike as a single bun as the emotions were too raw. Then I saw the pic of Kiki and the rest is history. Rusty will always have a very special place in my heart, as will Molly :cry: I get tearful at the memory of them but I'm so glad I was able to come to terms with that and bring Kiki into Spikes and my life.
Time will tell and just go with your feelings

Thank you everyone - I know what you are saying, and when this came up I did think maybe it was a sign or something, but I don't know. I'll have to think about it...:?

Well, he is here!:D He is such a gorgeous little boy, he looks like a dwarf lop (to my uneducated eye;) ) and I think must only be a few weeks old. He is called 'Ian', although I don't really think he suits it!:lol: Anyway, here are a few pics I snapped:

Ian in the cage he came in (and he had no hay, no toys - nothing!:shock: )
Iancage.jpg

And the cute boy himself :love:
Ian1.jpg

Ian2.jpg

Ian3.jpg

Isn't he adorable?:love: And so sweet and playful - the idea that anyone could sentence a poor bun like him to a lifetime stuck in a small cage makes me so angry!:cry:

:love: He's gorgeous!

He would have been much too big for that cage soon enough! He's very lucky to have ended up with you.

Thanks guys - I know he is gorgeous!:love: *repeats to self* "I wont become a failed fosterer, I wont become a failed fosterer, he will find a new home, I'm not going to keep him...":lol:

Back