• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Getting new buns tomorrow!!!

LionheadLuver

Warren Veteran
Hi
I am soooooo excited!!!! I'm getting my mini rex babies tomorrow. Piccies will come either tomorrow night or Friday night. I am getting everything ready for them. The hutch is prepared with newspaper, hay, litter tray(with newspaper, Carefresh in it), bowl with pellets, food ball with pellets, hay ball, hay rack, water bottle, basket to bring them home in(with newspaper, towels and towel to go over top, and water bottle and hay ball separately in case of emergency). Is there anything I have forgotten about? I think I have everything. Wish me luck with their settling in and safe journey!!!

i'm jealous! i want a rex, but then i also want a giant and a lionhead and a couple of piggies. Think I need to buy my own house with a nice big garden and lots of space for them all!!

Don't forget lots of photos.

Can anyone tell how bored i am at work today by all my random posts! :oops:

lol well dont change it cus im used to it now! i remember how you had your heart set on ginger and night, so im glad youve got them sorted! bet your welle xcited!!

thanks everyone!!!! I'm so excited. I'm virtually bouncing off the ceiling. And i have to wait until after college to see them. :shock: Tomorrow is going to be soooo lloonngg. And I've just finished preparing their hutch. I'm going to get some real muscles pulling out the hay from the bag. :lol: Does this look ok?

Litter tray with Carefresh(they'll have a hay rack on the bars next to the litter tray so they can eat whilst going to the loo):
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=4zec2tk

Bedroom area with about 1-2 inches of hay:
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=4xqr8ef

If they are like my lot, they will wee and poo onto the hay and ignore the Carefresh. :lol:
It all looks fine to me. It depends on what your babies will prefer, every bunny is different. My foster bunny Pete does not eat hay, but he loves to sleep in it. My other bunnies all prefer to sleep either on the wooden floor or on the paving slabs. They totaly hated vetbed, and now I only have newspaper, straw and hay in their litter boxes. They have one litter tray in the bedroom and two big and deep boxes in the run downstairs.
It's best to watch them and once they have chosen a corner for their toilet, put the litter tray there. Some bunnies never choose a corner, though, and just mess up everything. I haven't had any of that sort yet, they are not the majority.

ok. Thanks. I'll probably be watching them all of tomorrow anyway. :lol: I won't be able to take my eyes off them. I'll leave them in peace sometimes but i think it'll only be for a minute. :lol: Does it work if I put any soiled bedding from outside the litter tray into it, so they learn that is where they are meant to go?

ok. Thanks. I'll probably be watching them all of tomorrow anyway. :lol: I won't be able to take my eyes off them. I'll leave them in peace sometimes but i think it'll only be for a minute. :lol: Does it work if I put any soiled bedding from outside the litter tray into it, so they learn that is where they are meant to go?

Yes, that does help. Not for all bunnies, but it's always worth a try. So far all my bunnies (including fosters) have preferred to use the bedroom as their toilet and sleep in the other part of the hutch or in the run, where they can see what's going on.

I hate to say it...but you've got the front of the hutch on upside down! (don't worry a lot of us have done it, the instructions are pants!) The plastic locks should push downwards onto the blocks of wood - it should help resist fox attack because if the fox scrabbles at it, the swivelly bit won't open, if you see what I mean. (although I'd still recommend putting secondary locks on to be safer!)

Back