• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Behaviour change since Statis....

Toni H

Mama Doe
Hi everyone :wave:

Murray had statis a few weeks ago and recovered fully and is now in good health. However, his personality seems to have changed slightly, he is still a cuddly bun and his exercise and eating routine hasn't changed at all. It's just mood swings, sometimes he can look so grumpy :lol:

Since his statis bout he has bitten me twice (just little tester ones to say get out of the way!) and he has bitten my hubby this morning (it was feeding time tho :roll: ) That said it is unlike him to do it at all...

I am probably just being a paranoid bunny mummy but was wondering if anyone else (Jane :D ) had any experience of this or ideas on what I might be able to do to understand the little fluff ball!! :lol:

Thanks in advance,
Toni xx

Hello!

Do you know what was the cause of Murrays stasis? If it was an underlying problem causing him pain, then maybe the problem is still not sorted and its making him a bit snappy? (sorry I don't know the background)

Hi there - the vet said she could see no physical reason as to why he got it, and there was nothing wrong with his diet.

We have lowered the amount of carrot tops he has, maybe they were a kind of drug for him and he's coming down :lol: :lol:

Thought i would just bump this up to see is anyone else can help :D.

Maybe murray has PMT ;) :lol: (i know hes a boy :roll: )

Well like you say - you get a 'please move' nibble (quite normal for rabbits) and a bite if you don't feed them quick enough - when that happened to me I started using those little plastic dishes you get for cats - I have a load of them and just put a full one in, removing the empty one when it was safer :)

Well like you say - you get a 'please move' nibble (quite normal for rabbits) and a bite if you don't feed them quick enough - when that happened to me I started using those little plastic dishes you get for cats - I have a load of them and just put a full one in, removing the empty one when it was safer :)

Thanks for that Elve, might try that....he seemed OK tonight, still a bit grumpy but had a big hug and loads of kisses (he fell asleep on my chest :love: ) and he seems a lot better when running around with Honey.

Maybe he is just having PMT (like Pringle said!!) and it's just coincided with the statis. I really don't think there's anything wrong with him, he's just going through a teenage stage! :roll: :lol:

Back