• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Heres My Piggies

baileydonut

Alpha Buck
You've seen my two lovely buns, so heres some piccies of my rather noisy piggies.

Heres Toffee. He is the oldest of my lot and is 3 next month. He lives with Ginger.

Picture211.jpg

Here is Ginger. No matter who he lives with, he gets on with them. Its almost at though the other piggie 'mothers' him. Never known a piggie quite like him.

Picture214.jpg

Next is Skip. He was an awful bully when he was younger and very skittish, but has matured into a lovely guinea pig who loves a cuddle. Skip lives with Sidney.

Picture209.jpg

Here is Sidney. He originally lived with Percy, but after a very nasty squabble we separated them. I did try them together once more, but alas. it was not meant to be. He now lives with Skip and they get on very well.

Picture195.jpg

Heres 'mad Jeff'. He is absolutely stark raving bonkers. He isn't too keen on being picked up, but once in your arms, he really settles down.

Picture203.jpg

Here is Percy. A very handsome chap indeed. He had been passed from pillar to post until he came to me. He will spend the rest of his days with me.

Picture212.jpg

And finally, here is Albert, my long term foster. He had a broken leg and was originally in one rescue which closed down. He then went to another (Cornflower Cavies) and now he is with me as a long term foster. He is soooo calm and laid back.

Picture199.jpg

Gorgeous piggie wiggies..... Awww I have 2 but they are so skittish and I never seem to have been able to get them to settle down. They are 18 months now. I gte joy just out of watching them bunmle about and witter away to each other. They do go mad at dinnertime though and make alot of noise! So cute. They are both boars and are called Gilbert and Herbie... Herbie is long haired and has to have a regular trim as he is prone to matting otherwise. But my god when you hear him being trimmed or brushed you would think someone was attacking him! Any tips on how to tame piggies a bit. I try to hold them alot, but they get so stressed that I give up in the end cos I feel bad.

Awww they are all so beautifully marked and colours! :D

I'd gladly home Albert. Hes adorable hehe!

catswhiskars - By 18 months, mine were a lot easier to handle than when they were younger. Just spending time with them, not necessarily picking them up all the time, but being there and stroking them whilst in the run and talking to them. With some of mine, it has taken ages for them to settle down. Skip was the worst. He used to run and hide and run round his hutch so we couldn't get him. Over time though, he has learnt to trust us and has matured into a lovely guinea pig.

I do think some are calmer than others anyway. Albert, even when he came to us, settled in straight away. He allowed us to pick him up and my daughter loves him as he doesn't wriggle like some of the others do.

Mad Jeff hates being brushed - you would think I was doing something really horrid to him.

How long have you had them? Have you tried hand feeding them?

Lovely to see your own piggies :wave: they're gorgeous :D
Nice to see my girl's family too :D the father of Helen's babies would be a roan - Dermot might well be the daddy! :lol:

Ahh i love piggies! Two of mine are extremely skittish-one more so than the other but skittish all the same.
I lurve Percy!

Back