• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What kind of bunny is Teyla?

Teal'c

Alpha Buck
Any ideas? I just wanted to know...

DSCF0559.jpg

DSCF0635.jpg

She is cranky with me again today. :( I tried to feed her some hay and she mock bit me. I mean she grunted and put her teeth on me but fortunatly didn't bite hard. :? What's a bunmum to do?

I really want to put her and Teal'c in the big cage, but not until they can both play nicely. Their cages have been next to each other for some time now, how long should I wait before introducing them without bars between them?

Thanks again. I have so many questions! I just what what is best for my buns!

To be honest, I would be grumpy, too, if I had to sit on that wire. I know it's supposed to let the mess fall through into the tray, but it can't be very comfortable for bunny feet. Maybe you could put some wooden floor and litter trays INSIDE the cage?

Dutch bunnies are quite intelligent and entertaining, and they tend to get a bit overexcited when it's feeding time. A lot of bunnies get territorial inside their hutch or cage and pretend to attack. You just need to be patient and not get scared. Try to carefully stroke her head and don't show fear. She will get used ot it eventually. Is she neutered yet?

When you introduce your two bunnies to each other, it has to be on totally neutral grounds that does not smell of either bunny. And before you put them in a cage, it has to be cleaned and de-smelled, too. There are a lot of threads about bunny bonding on this forum, maybe if you try the search option, you will find some more info.

I'd be worried about nails getting caught up in that mesh when she jumps up to that level. Are you in USA?

Yes, we are in the States. What kind of wood is safe for buns? Because she loves to chew and I want it to be safe for her to chew.

She loves her shelf so I want to put one in the new cage because it doesn't have one.

The new cage does not have the wire bottom, and now that I have a divider, they can move in this weekend even though they aren't bonded yet. I'm super excited about it, because both of their cages are too small, and this one is way bigger than both cages put together.

Teal'c especially is going to love it, because he's the crazy man who loves to run like mad. Teyla is much more laid back. She was spayed about a year ago.

Here's her buddy Teal'c!

DSCF0658.jpg

I love that picture. I didn't want to start a new thread for just one pic though, and this one was becoming OT anyways...:oops:

And the new cage! They move in tonight! *binkies*

Okay. Now I'm really upset. My sisters were supposed to have the cage ready first thing this morning. It is now 11 at night and my bunnies are still in their old cages. Teal'c has grown so much he can't even stretch out in his old cage. I can't bring the new cage up by myself. It's too heavy. And now it looks like they won't help me get it upstairs at all. My poor bunnies. I feel so guilty and bad for them.

Finally! Teal'c is lovin' his new cage but Teyla is still a bit timid. I think it's the noise her little feeties make on the floor.

Back