• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pics of Indoor Set Ups!

catswhiskas

Warren Veteran
Hi guys, I really neeed some pics of indoor set ups that you have for your house bunnies..... I can't have a free range bun, but would need a large indoor set up? Any pics would be real helpful, I should also tell you I have a real small house, so it would have to be an area, within a room?

It's not as good as some. Tango lives in the kitchen. He gets let out when someone is in.
I thought I had a better picture but it shows him in his cage.

PICT0091a.jpg

Some people use dog crates and adapt the to have different levels.
Hope this helps

Wow that is a huge hutch. What model is it? When I had a house bunny before he was old so could be trusted and so was free range. My widowed bun couldn't be trusted, but that looks like a very large cage. She is a very large bun!

Thanks guys. I so don't know what to do with my widowed bun Caramel.I have got her in for a bit this evening and she has really picked up, but she hops up to the cats wanting to be groomed and they just don't get it. I just don't wanna take on anymore buns as I don't feel like a capable parent if you see what I mean. But I don't want her to be unhappy and I could never re home her. My other 2 are fine as they have eas#ch other. Of course this is all providing they survive the myxi scare ..

this was my old set up which was in my room

22-Oct-2006010.jpg

and the rabbit room they have now (although not so tidy anymore :roll: :lol: )

rabbitcleanout014.jpg

rabbitcleanout013.jpg

rabbitcleanout012.jpg

This was Zakura's setup last year.
I took advantage of a space between the stairs and the wall, put the cage up as a blockage and made this:
DSCN0733.jpg

I'm hoping to put it back up, so Sasuke can get more exersice even when I'm not in the room with him.:wave:

Found another picture that shows better how my run was set up.:wave:
Zakurasinnhegning.jpg

Probably not the safest setup as Zakura can jump on top of her cage if she wants to:roll: Also the cage was in the way of the door into the attic so we had to move it from time to time. But it worked:D

Wow that is a huge hutch. What model is it? When I had a house bunny before he was old so could be trusted and so was free range. My widowed bun couldn't be trusted, but that looks like a very large cage. She is a very large bun!

Sorry I've been at work all day. I don't know what model it is I just spied it in the local pet food superstore (jollyes) it was only £49. I couldn't resist. Tango can flop out full stretch sideways, stretch up to full meer bunny height and hop around inside.

How do you get his vet bed to stay so clean Tango covers his in hay in is in the process of chewing off the corners!

Hahaa, thank you, that's probably the first time I've ever been complemented for cleanliness!

I use megazorb in the other half but not right up to the vetbed (Bobbin likes to lie on the plastic so I leave a strip bare). I brush the megazorb off the vetbed with a dustpan each evening and sweep it all back to the other end as he has usually scattered it about by then :lol: I have two pieces of vetbed the same size which I alternate - one in cage, one washing.

It seems to be a pretty good system - for us at least. I used to use wood flakes but they made such a mess, this way is cleaner for my house and is so much easier when it comes to cleaning out the cage.

Thea

Wow, Bobbin's set up is awesome :D

He is a very lucky boy having a whole room to himself! I know lots of rabbits have free run of the house, but not many that have their own room! Thing is my Mum's coming to stay soon, Bobbin has the spare room.... so not sure where Mum's going to go! :lol: :lol: :lol:

how about the sofa? :lol: or maybe Bobbin will let her share his cage? :lol:

( sleeping on vet bed isn't bad :oops: I fell asleep with Basil when he was ill and the vet bed is so comfy :lol: )

This is Sunny's house :D
sonnysrun.jpg

setup.jpg

(although now the run is set out to the side of the cage rather than the front with free access to it, and now he has a girly too! and this was when I was fostering guines living on his top floor, he now has both floors of the cage to himself again)

Back