• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Bonding Behaviour

mullethead

Mama Doe
Hi need help with bunny bonding,just started two bond buck and doe on neutral ground and they sniffed ,fur pulled but just the doe and the doe put her head down on the floor but i dont know if she wanted to be groomed or was warning as she is a lopeared rabbit and you cant see the ears going back if she is in attack mode.Am i being daft or not,please help:cry:

This sounds reasonable to me. Keep at it, you have a long night ahead of you ;)

It is best to start bonding earlier on in the day when they can hopefully be put together and stay together without separating them.

I have a rabbit coming over to me tonight to be bonded with Mel my stray bun, I am starting this in the morning when I know I can put them together and leave them, as separating them again just delays and confuses the issue.

Thanks very much,could i put them in the run together and leave them there for the day supervised .The run is split into two for them to get used to each other.

Back