• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rescuing another?

niandsa

Young Bun
I have 2 dwarf lop females, unrelated and unneutered who are about 12 weeks old. They seem to be living happily together in one hutch at the moment and have just begun to groom one another etc. Is this likely to change when they reach puberty? When is that?

My dilemma is that a relative currently has a 2 or 3 year old unneutered male who is unloved and needs a new home. He is apparently very tame and cuddly. He would come with his own hutch and run so we could keep him separate from the 2 females. Would his presence in the garden prove to be a problem? Would it effect the bonding of my 2 females?

Also, if I were to get all 3 of them neutered, would there be a possibility of bonding them all?

Thanks for your help - I'm new to this and would appreciate some advice. I would love to offer George a loving home but not if it would adversely affect Henrietta and Daisy!

Hi,
I don't think keeping him in the garden would affect the girls bonding... just make sure the runs are not too close together. and yes it is possible to bond 3, there are people on here who have bonded 11!!

x

It shouldn't do. my sisters set of four are all in the same garden and the girls go up to them and tease them. The girls bond is secure but they ruined the boys bond :(

If you get them all neutered they should bond but remember, bunnies are like people, sometimes they just don't like each other.

If you did get the additional rabbit, I would suggest that you need to be aware that he could potentially cause a few 'incidents' between your rabbits. This is not guaranteed either way.

ARC get many pairs of rabbits who come in to foster, some are affected by the presence of other buns, some are not.

It certainly would be possible if all the buns are neutered to bond all 3 buns. If you are not used to bonding buns, it is often useful to have someone on hand who is used to doing so to assist you.

Back