• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Treat ball better for messy teen ager bunnies?

cavysrock

Wise Old Thumper
:rolleyes: Those little teen ager buns are at it again, chucking their food dish everywhere and digging food out :evil:
anyway, would a treat ball be better or those feeding bell things?
problem is I'm pretty sure SS wouldn't fit in your average treat ball would it?

i used to give my lot SS and they had it in a treatball. It needs to be one of the rabbit type ones cos the hole can be made bigger whereas some of the cat ones just have a little hole. Treatballs are much more fun for them and makes them get active to get their dinner;)

i used to give my lot SS and they had it in a treatball. It needs to be one of the rabbit type ones cos the hole can be made bigger whereas some of the cat ones just have a little hole. Treatballs are much more fun for them and makes them get active to get their dinner;)

Agreed!:D Yup, I have the bun ones and youcan get the holes open quite wide :D

Iw as thinkign Iw as gonna need a dog one :shock: :lol:
okay, i'll add that to the shopping list for Saturday :lol:

Scamp has one of these which he has no problem chasing the SS out of: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LOOK-UNIQUE-T...ryZ20741QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

They're about 2" diametre with a hole less than 1cm! They do break in half for easy filling.

treatball.jpg

My other two have a dog sized ball: http://www.petsupplies.ie/shop/cart.php?target=product&product_id=456&category_id=77

which is much bigger than the rabbit sized ones and has the twisty lid for adjusting the hole size.

PICT1204a.jpg

Kennelgate do the adjustable cat treat balls (similar to the rabbit ones) for about 75p each :shock: - I've got about 6 of them, I'm sure they've got the price wrong!!! :lol:

I have one of the yellow balls with carrots on it, and SS does come out the hole. You could also try the ferret one which wobbles around like a weeble.

I have one of those with carrots on but I just put a few in as an extra treat, I feed mine a small handful of pellets in the morning then again at tea time and they gobble them up within minutes so don't have the chance to make a mess with them :lol:

Back