• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moving house!

pieinthehouse

Warren Scout
Hey, im moving house today and Sugar is coming too! i jsut have one question suar is used to being baught in at night, i have the space to do this at the moment and where i live is surrounded by feilds so lots of foxes, ie. i hear rabbits die alot :( so yeah when i move im movin to a small house with a little garden in a area full of houses (cant think of the name!) so Sugar will have to spend the night outdoors. Ive addapted her cadge: the ramp has a hinge and a bolt to lock it up so she cant go in the run after dark, and ive just put a weather sort of barrier on the frount so the wind/ rain dosent blow in at night and also any preditor would jsut get bored of thinking about trying to get past it. her cage is the welded wire one so i think thats best for buns to ward away foxes, im less worried about priditors case i feel that i have sorte and problems out to do with that, im more worried about her being cold as she is used to coming indoors although she is in the room where it is not heated (the room where the frount door is) so its chilly in there, ive also baught a snuggle safe warmth pad, should i use that tongiht or leave it until the weather gets cold cold? thank you!

I would say she would probably be ok as the nights are quite mild at the moment. Foxes get everywhere though so make sure the hutch is locked at night and if you have a cover then it should definately help keep her warmer etc, she probably also wont get quite as scared if a fox comes along.

Plenty of hay should keep her warm for tonight and just see how she is in the morning. I would keep the pet bed for the colder weather so she can snuggle up to it.

I know you said you only have a small garden but is there any chance of putting up a small shed?

Other people will be able to give more accurate answers though but hope it's helped and good luck with your move :)

Thank you for your help! sugar seems ok tho the cats are taking a fancy around here! shes got an atttitude tho so im sure she will scare them off, im putting the vet bed in there as the flap for her to run down is hinged up and i dont want her getting her paws stuck under it. she seems ok, eatten, i think ill leave her until tomrow now let her get used to things! the move went good thank you, although im terribly home sick, this is my like first house of my own so its a bit heart renching! Sugar and Mark (my partner) are here tho to keep me company. xx

Aw pleased everything went well and Sugar seems fine. Just best to keep an eye on her over the next few days as she is bound to be a little confused in new surroundings and not coming in at night time.

Yeah ill keep an eye on her she seems happy shes been binkying around her run today! went to see her this morning and she was nice and warm so im more confident now! I hear men unrinating in the garden makes cats less likely to come in so when my brother came to drop some things off thismorning and he was desperate for the loo so i said go in the garden its good for the rabbit the look i got!! any way thank you for your help! my old rabbit used to live in the garden in a hutch and she lived for a long time so sugar should too. when ive got some time im going to get the vet here to contact my vet at home to move her details.

:lol: We had a cat pooping in our garden not long ago (we dug the front garden up and its now in a heap behind the garage in back garden so fresh soil) and my OH told me to wee in the garden! OK.... Asked him to do it instead as might be slightly better lol.

Dont think he done it but we've had no more cat poo lately.

:lol: well it makes me laugh so that means its worth it no matter what happens!
the cat was sitting on my car this morning and made a hasty exit when I looked at it, it knows i am not happy about it being in my territory! lol! :lol: Im allergic to cats so i dont really want it any where near me! the house ive moved in to used to have cats and im having to take allergy tablets till the allergins move out! good thing is.... Im not allergic to sugar! whop whop!:) Just hope it keeps its distance from sugar! she seems happy tho, she can see me from the kitchen window so i think that keeps her content!

Back