• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

WORST NIGHTMARE EVER!!!! (rabbit escape) U.D found Pringles poos all over garden! eek

Pringle

Warren Veteran
Well tonight i had food hygiene training and my mum picked me up with my sis and her fiance at 8.30pm.... jus got back about twenty minutes ago and we were standing in the kicthen door and all i hear is my sister saying "THERES PRINGLE" i turned around and hes standing on back door step :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: .......
So they grabbed dogs and shut back door and pringle went running round to his hutch.. i shouted Pringle.. and lucky he came to me :D he hopped away a few times but eventually came over and saw me and let me pick him up...LUCKILY!!
:shock: :shock:
Im like having heart failure....he gave me a cuddle for ages and mum and sis fiance brought torches out to see how he managed to escape..no holes....run lid down...all i can think of is he is managed to get out from undr his hutch somehow :? hes currently inside at min and im paranod of puting him back in incase he escapes again..:cry: ... i normally let him have access to slabbed run at night with hutch but think i may lock him in his hutch tonight and in morning let him out to see if he tries to escape again then i will secure that....
im so paranoid now and really scared... so glad i got him back....luckily my cat was inside and no others were around.....who knows how long he was out for :cry: :cry: ...i feel so sh*t :cry: xxx

Last edited:
AWww, how scary for you!!!:( I would have been panicking too.....but thank goodness Pringle knows who his Mummy is and came back!!!:D :D

He seems quite jumpy now and anytime someone is near him hes hopping away, dont know if its just with the whole panic situation etc....:?

Oh poor Pringle, still he's got extra cuddles for his adventure, so I hope he calms soon.:D
I did have a similar scare once ( although not in the dark thankfully). I'm used to seeing our ginger cat appear at the patio door when he wants to come in and one day I looked up and casually found myself saying aww there's Libby!:shock: I then realised what I'd said must mean she'd got out of her hutch!:shock: :shock: I don't think I ever moved as quick:lol: Opened the back door and her hutch door was wide open. Her husbun safe and sound inside still ( no sense of adventure I guess thank goodness)!My son hadn't fastened the hutch when he'd taken her breakfast out. All ended well fortunately but a real scare at the time. Hope he feels better in the morning.:D

:lol: he is an escape artist in the making such is my wonderful hamster Gizmo!!! he used to have a rotostak space ship cage thing with tubes everywhere and twice he jumped 4ft out of one...hav no idea how...i thought he was too fat to fit thru them full stop to be fair lol!! :roll:
he was a monkey to catch lol!! awwwwwwwwww.....

dont feel sad, at least u got pringle in!! it could have been much worse. i bet pringle loved his mini adventure tho ;)

Hes fine now, i just went out to feed and put other two in and close all Pringles hutch up to put him in tonight, he will hate it as not been in there all night for like over a year...oh well he shouldnt escape...it was wl scary as his hutch been like that for about a year and half and hes just managed to escape now!!!!. Just came in and couldnt see him so went hunting over house for him and he was on the bed :roll: - thats where he normally gets to go when hes inside - in my room.

my wonderful hamster Gizmo!!! he used to have a rotostak space ship cage thing with tubes everywhere and twice he jumped 4ft out of one...hav no idea how...i thought he was too fat to fit thru them full stop to be fair lol!!
he was a monkey to catch lol!! awwwwwwwwww.....

My hamster escaped about 5 or 6 times and changed his cage/tank etc finally got one she cant escape from:shock:.

Maizy Oh poor Pringle, still he's got extra cuddles for his adventure, so I hope he calms soon.
I did have a similar scare once ( although not in the dark thankfully). I'm used to seeing our ginger cat appear at the patio door when he wants to come in and one day I looked up and casually found myself saying aww there's Libby! I then realised what I'd said must mean she'd got out of her hutch! I don't think I ever moved as quick Opened the back door and her hutch door was wide open. Her husbun safe and sound inside still ( no sense of adventure I guess thank goodness)!My son hadn't fastened the hutch when he'd taken her breakfast out. All ended well fortunately but a real scare at the time. Hope he feels better in the morning.

Aww bet that was well scary :shock: :shock: funny to think back on though :lol: ...ill laugh about this but will be scared from now on!!!

I always said if Pringle escaped id never catch him... but he just kept hovering around his hutch area and then came to me... i expected him to run a mile!!!

Ok so went to observe Pringle this morning and he was just so happy to be out his hutch he was just hopping around playing with all his toys etc:shock: im pretty possitive he got out from under his hutch and out the side through a wee gap that was there so have put big stone edging there to block it and will get wood to nail on later:roll: ..... We went to move Patch and Benji runs onto longer grass as they hoover it up like god knows what! and there were a pile of Pringle poo beside Patchs run :love: i think they like each other :lol: .... so Pringle must have been ALL over the garden as Patch is at bottom of garden and Pringles at top. Luckily Pringle stayed in the garden as he could have got out anywhere! and lucky he came to back door to see us all:love: so now im 100% paranoid he is an escape artist and will somehow manage to squeze through anything :shock: ....

your post was the last i read before i went to bed, i got up 3 times in the night to check my babies where safe and sound in there hutch, They just looked at me when i kept going out lol:D

oops. silly Pringle!!!

A rabbit i had previously escaped when i was living with my mum and dads. it escaped whilst i was at work, came home at 10.30pm fretting about what to do as it was pitch black. i thought i'd never see him again. after searching whole garden, i gave up until the morning. when i went to check the doors on the house, i found a note through the door saying do i have a white rabbit as a neighbour had found one - he had crossed the road and hopped along about 10houses. im so glad the neighbour saw him and thought of me!!! anyway, popped over there about 11pm and he was happily sitting in their porch like nothing had happened. they do like to worry us dont they!!

I used to have a gap in my garden gate - only about 2 and a half inches wide, so I didn't think it mattered till my next door neighbour knocked on the door and said my 4 girls were ALL loose out the FRONT of the house next to the MAIN ROAD with NO FENCE!!!!! :shock: I nearly died! Not sure how I got them back in - with them being shy and unhandleable I think they were so desperate to get away from me they ran back home - I was very relieved and nailed a piece of wood over the gap right away :roll:

your post was the last i read before i went to bed, i got up 3 times in the night to check my babies where safe and sound in there hutch, They just looked at me when i kept going out lol:D

Awwww bless.

Its bloomen scary, hes been in there about a year and half and never done this before :shock: .... im now so paranoid as i really thought his hutch was safe and he would never get out. Now im completly paranoid when i go out incase hes not there...im just relieved he stayed in the garden where he knows! good boy! just got a feeling if it happens again ill never see him.... last night was luck!! xx

That was very very lucky.... does scare you very much!!..

Jeezo...that was extremly lucky... im sure if Patch and Benji escaped i wouldnt be able to get them back, they both hate being handled and are just getting better with getting strokes...so i hope they dont escape somehow!

ITs when you think you have it all sorted and safe....disaster happens!!

Will this be SAFE...

Going to work soon for 3/4 hours and not sure wether to keep Pringle out or in his hutch... does this look safe enough so he cant get under his hutch at the min.:::

DSC01225.jpg

DSC01224.jpg

:shock:

That looks fine, so long as they're too heavy for him to move :)

To heavy? i can bearly move them :shock: :shock: :shock: well back from work and hes still there so hes fine :D! still worried though maybe he has a secret passage :lol:

Oh God what a worry for you! I have had buns escape a few times and boy are they hard to catch :lol: never lots one yet though ;) Glad Pringle is ok :D

awww what a shock...
paving slabs are ace... I had to do this when I brought Isaac home, I thought I know hes small but surely he cant get under there! Lone behold he did! .... hes way to big and fat to fit now, but I still leave the slabs there :lol:

Back