• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Rabbits, nesting, babies, fur what? where? help!

Peppeisel

Young Bun
soo sorry, in panic mode at the moment, i'll try say this not too quick so y'all can understand me :lol:

so my bunny is pregnant, I think it's about, gee half a week till she's due to have her babies maybe?

anyway, she's at the stage where she's pulling out her fur, and that's really really good! but she was running around with it and eventually dropped it near the end of a little towel burrow she made in a cupboard right next to the toilet door.

Right now I put her in her bedroom with some fresh food, and I also put the fur in her nesting box, I was wondering if that was the right thing to do, now I'm all paranoid it has my scent on it and blah blah :shock:
I put sheets all around her bedroom so it's quite dark and safe for her, so I'm just thinking...

what do I do now? :D

nothing much you can do except giving her plenty of nesting supplies such as hay. and let nature take its course and only interfere if she appears to be having problems during birth such as; struggling to push baby out. make sure you have an emergancy vet number as well if problems do occur during birth she will need to see a vet asap!

can i ask was this planned or accidental? dont worry im not going to have a go at you or anything

well, that's a bit of a mess of a situation, that of which I don't want to bring into this thread as i've already had an earful already :p
but I have known about the pregnancy basically since she got pregnant, basically it goes
"is she male? where to put her? stray rabbit...male rabbit"

also the vet we take our animals to is open 24/7, and it's particulary close.

I might run to the garage and get some more hay for her.

cheeers for the advice. :wave:

:wave: Can you describe what you are defining as her bedroom? Then we might have a better picture of where it would be safest to let her be.

I'm not aware of the situation which led to this - but only to say that if the male rabbit is still around, please make sure that he is nowhere near the female even now, as she will most likely give birth when you are not around and he can get her pregnant again within a couple of hours of her giving birth! Please forgive me if you already know and have done this, just thought better safe than sorry to let you know!

yeap he's not around, I seperated them a while back.

here's the whole cage plan...:
sleepy052np8.jpg

nesting box:
sleepy053eo4.jpg

sleepy055aj8.jpg

Back