• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Should i????

rianne23

Mama Doe
:wave: hello u lot!!,
as most of u are aware, i had to have my beloved Tilly put to sleep last tuesday :cry:. Your help, support and kind words have helped me through this difficult time and for that i would like to thankyou.....:D
you know i brought a guinea pig the day before tilly went..well she has been extremely lonely so i went to the pet shop down the town to try and get hold of another female as their r no local rescue centres and i needed one fast really. I noticed (they have been there ever since mum had kits) the man has a mummy bunny in a very small glass cage thing with her 6 :)shock: )baby buns.....they are all dwarf lops and the babies r coming up to 5 weeks....mummy is 6mths.
So me being me, a person that cannot stand seeing animals in pet shops :( asked how much the babies were for wen they r ready in next couple weeks....just out of curiosity...
he told me £25 each. :shock: i thought thats a lot but i am sure they will find good homes,...so i stood there watching these beautiful creatures having a feed with their mummy...watching her dedication. such a wonderful mother. then it came to me "Will you be breeding from the mother again?" The man looked at me and said "no she wont have no more" :cry: what would happen to her.....then it came out of my mouth...like tilly was telling me :roll: "how much would the mum cost?? "
thinking he would say she not for sale....£10
:shock: and i really want her guys..he said she mine if i want her....this means Tuscany (my guinea pig) can go and live at my cousins with her 3 guinea pigs...and i can have another rabbit. What should i do?? i want her but i dont want to lose her? i let tilly down :cry: but i swear if i have this bunny she is being vaccinated the minute she leaves that pet shop....
i have to save her...she wil lonly get bred again wont she? i cant let that happen....noone wants old rabbits or shud i say oldish (6mths not old) but i want her..she seems lovely...:) wat do i do??

so u think i should give Tuscany to my cousin who is piggy mad, and get this bunny wen she is ready in 2 weeks....will it be 2 weeks? if babies r only just 5weeks....they can leave mum at 6weeks cant they?? or is it 8??

Go with your heart, I'm sure Tilly would approve.

I was in a similar position 1.5 years ago as I had lost a bunny and I walked into a pet shop for food for my other one (who looked just like Tilly by the way) and there was a baby one cooped up who looked like the one I had just lost. I fought with myself for a few days but then gave in and brought him home and I am so glad I did as he has brought me so much love.

Unfortunately we can't do anything about these pet shops - I wish we could.

he said a couple of weeks...i am gonna ring him tomorrow and tell him i am having her...so in 3weeks she will have me and josh and jessica (my kids)!
but that means i have to part with tuscany :(

lol aww tilly looks like ur one aww!! yeah she was a beauty wasnt she!
:rolleyes:
xx

would they fight?

also guys....i have been thinking about if i get one of her daughters too so she isnt alone...only thing is it would mean i will struggle to pay bills and eat (i am unemployed single mum of a 1yr old and a 3yr old) it would cost me £10 for mum and £25 for daughter.....
plus vaccines each. that would be so expensive but they have 3weeks left i think for me to save up.
can i maybe just get the mum and hen get a rabbit frm a rescue centre maybe next month as company or would that be a bad move? would they be likey to fight???

Of course it would be nice to keep one with Mum, but if money is a problem, then the rescue is a good option as they will have already been neutered and had their jabs and you will be rescuing another.

They may fight initially or it could be love at first sight, but as you can see from this website there are lots of success stories of people bonding bunnies and they will always give you lots of good advice.

Yes, Tilly (and my bridge bun "Baby") were very pretty and very special.

Don't want to put a damper on this but if you are having money probs and worried about paying for vacs, etc..I would say don't get a new bunny...what happens if you have a emergencey and need a vet?

Sorry to be negative but you must be able to afford proper care and have back up funds for those unexpected vet trips...

perhaps get a female pigggie as a friend for yours instead:D

Don't want to put a damper on this but if you are having money probs and worried about paying for vacs, etc..I would say don't get a new bunny...what happens if you have a emergencey and need a vet?

Sorry to be negative but you must be able to afford proper care and have back up funds for those unexpected vet trips...

perhaps get a female pigggie as a friend for yours instead:D

i managed with tillys emergency bill and vets do let u pay bills in installments

Hey if she really stood out to you I say go for it. Maybe Tilly knew this bun would need your help . Everything happens for a reason.

Do you know if all your other buns that went to the rspca have all been rehomed? If it was me I'd try and get one of them back with me ..

i think you should get her...... if you really stuggle with costs theres always the pdsa...she will help fill that hole youve been left with

sometimes even if a bun comes from a pet shop you save them, being in a glass tank with people gawping at you and you babies all day is horrid.

at least this way you can bring her home, and give her the love that she deserves :)

oh that is so right and trust me you guys are gonna be sick of me by sunday!! piccies all over RU of my new bunny hee hee!!!

Back