• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

size of rexes *weights added*

ELVIS

Warren Scout
just wondering about what size bill & ben are going to be. i always thought rexes were quite large but they seem to have hardly grown at all in the last few weeks. i think they are about 15 weeks old now or so. bills bits just dropped today:oops: :lol: but we are waiting for bens too;)
thing is i think they seem too small for a GA? (neutering wise)
?????
i'll take some piccys soon to show you.

Last edited:
I also always thought rexes were quite large. I'm getting two mini rexes and they turn out a small bunny. I thought rexes were a medium/large breed.

Well Norwegian rexes at least are supposed to be above 2.8 kgs when they are fully grown. However there's no upper limit so I've seen one far over 3 kgs once.

i was told they were rex so i assumed standard but it wasnt the sort of place where you get much breeding history and i didnt see the parents.
they obviously have got lots more growing to do but they seem small to me? *goes off to weigh baby bunnies*.................
bill is such a character , he got in the dishwasher today to lick the pots clean for me as i was stacking it:shock: :lol: and hes always up for a nose rub even half way through a mad minutes running about.:)
more info and piccies to follow i promise , its just a bit busy here at mo.
thanks for the replies r.e. the weights etc.

right. well they arent that big cos they still fit on my kitchen scales;)
they weight exactly 1.1kg each so thats just short of 2.5 lbs each. so i guess not too small afterall. they just seem it. could they still double that then if they are about 4 months old?

Back