• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Foxproofing Shed Tips Needed Please

sonnet

Alpha Buck
All being well (touch wood) we're moving to a place that has a 100ft garden & a 8ft x 6ft shed :D Now I know they sometimes get foxes at night hence the plan is to put Merlin in the shed. I just need a bit of advice!

- Where is the best place to buy some Fox Proof Wire from?

- Does anyone have any other tips for making a shed Fox proof?

- Dad's talking about constructing something made of FP wire with a wooden frame to go in the doorway in the daytime (door will be shut at night) - if someone's done something similar how did you make & attatch it so it stays in place but doesn't get in the way of shutting the door at night?

- Can foxes burrow under sheds & get through wooden floors or am I being super paranoid (as shed is on raised bricks & wooden slats - not concrete)? :?

Any tips majorly appreciated - thanx

Last edited:
My dad made my shed a bunny shed by making a door frame with wood and we bought some strong fox proof weld mesh (I think its called) sheets from B & Q its solid wire squares and doesn't bend with me trying as hard as I could(testing methods were jumping on it and sitting on it :lol: )
then it was attached to the INSIDE frame so it doesn't affect the main door. Ive got a normal bolt (metal and about 4 inches long) at the top and bottom of the inside wire door (which is attached to the door frame with metal hinges) and the main door has one of those bolts which I have forgotten the name of!!! Its a something and something, im sure I will remember shortly!:lol:

Thanx for that Leanne :thumb:

I'd still like to know if foxes can burrow under sheds & get through wooden floors as shed is on raised bricks & wooden slats - not concrete - can anyone please tell me as I'm a bit worried about this :cry:

I always thought that rabbits would be very safe in a shed BUT my friend kept 2 chickens locked in one at night. A fox actually pulled 4 of the shed panels off, it wasn't tongue and groove one of those overlap one's, and killed one of the chickens.

Maybe have a lockable hutch in there also for the night time?

Back