• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Benny's hutch - now what?

elve

Banned
:roll: He's never had a ramp as there's no room in there for his huge (guinea pig cage base) litter tray - Maa got the ramp as her ramp had to be used to level up the patio for her hutch over run to stand on - perfect size :shock:

No problem till last night, when he seemed very unsure judging the jump, leapt and only just made it - his back feet barely there. Poor lad must be getting old :( So I moved his huge litter tray to the other end of the run and put a stool there for him to use - Only he tried very hard to miss the stool when he jumped down, and almost hurt himself on the litter tray in the process :rolleyes: And all the time my dinner's going cold - it waited an hour :lol:

Poor lad - I'm scared to put anything there and I haven't got a ramp and his litter tray is now in the part of the run where the shed roof drips when it rains :rolleyes:

Gah! Nothing is simple in bunny land is it? :?

I'm having the same problem with one of my girls. Although she has a ramp, she has been struggling to get up it for a while. She's a snuffles bunny, so she sounds terrible as she huffs and puffs as she pulls herself up :(

I think I'm going to have to move her to a hutch and run on one level.

Amy

Yes I've now moved Benny's food and water dishes down to his run part of the hutch, which is 2x5 so plenty big enough for one bunny - not sure where he spent the night last night but I put them there at bedtime just incase he couldn't get up there. I've just rearranged all the sunshades but I didn't have time to figure out the rain/fox-proofing bit yet :rolleyes:

Back