• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

lighting in sheds/playhouses etc

Beatrix Potter

Mama Doe
I need a bit of lighting to put in my wendyhouse so that when I go in at night I can see!!! Thought about one of those ones that are battery operated that you just push on but don't know how good they are or how long they last?

The push ones are very dim, you would be better getting a lamp, either rechargable or something with a halogen bulb which will give a better light. If you have a lamp you could put up a hook on the cieling to hang it from.

Something light this or even a proper lantern one http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.100-5062.aspx

My shed is solar powered and I run a normal low energy bulb in it via a transformer.

The push ones are very dim, you would be better getting a lamp, either rechargable or something with a halogen bulb which will give a better light. If you have a lamp you could put up a hook on the cieling to hang it from.

Something light this or even a proper lantern one http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.100-5062.aspx

My shed is solar powered and I run a normal low energy bulb in it via a transformer.

thanks for that, my eyesights not great (especially in the dark!) so a standard push one would be useless!

I got those battery operated push lights and they lasted a week :shock: Useless! I now use a camping lantern which takes 4 D batteries, and lasts ages - lovely and bright and it has a carry handle, so it's easier to do stuff than when I'm holding a torch - £5 from Argos :)

I got those battery operated push lights and they lasted a week :shock: Useless! I now use a camping lantern which takes 4 D batteries, and lasts ages - lovely and bright and it has a carry handle, so it's easier to do stuff than when I'm holding a torch - £5 from Argos :)

bargain! thanks for that

I have three little stick on battery operated lights in my bunnies' housing which are LED so brighter and they last a long time. They are on Ryness Electrical site, you can also get them in B&Q. They are called Osram Dot It lights, think they're £6.99 each and come with the batteries. I used to use a camping lantern, but found the batteries went really quick and got fed up of carrying it out with me every night!

I have solar lighting in my sheds - I think you can see the solar panel on the top left of the shed.
They're made by Lloytron and were £18.00.
They're about as bright as a 40w bulb, and I'm really pleased with them.
The light itself is like a mini fluorescent (about 8" long)
I had the battery operated ones last winter, but they kept running out too quickly!

2007_0904Image0016.jpg

Wow BB Mommy i've been looking for a solar panel for my playhouses but can't find any if u have the web address for where yours was from would be so grateful

I have mine hooked up to the mains now. My dad did it for me (the playhouse is next to a shed with the freezer in and an electric light so it was easy) and it has changed mine and the rabbits lives! I love it, it's so easy and the playhouse looks so cozy in the winter. It really is worth doing if you can.

Before, I used to use a rechargeable lamp, which wasn't too bad.

lighting in sheds/playhouses etc.

have electricity in my shed so i have strip lighting:) this also allows me to have 2 ceiling fans which keep it nice and cool in the summer (that,s if we get any "summer":? :lol: ) I think the fans are fab:) my bunnies huddle up underneath them to keep themselves cool:)

Mine USED to be mains supplied....but the wiring is VERY old and dodgy, and I wouldn't trust it at ALL!!! So I have a 3' long double tube florescent strip light which is rechargeable, and it is BRILLIANT!!! Lights the shed up just like daytime! And it was only about £25 from Woolies!!!:D

I've just bought a Rechargeable Twin (2 x 18 watts) Fluorescent Lantern from Halfords for £14.99 which has a built in battery & charger. You can have one or both tubes on for 3hrs or 1.5 hrs on a full charge. Just one tube lights up our 8x6 shed fine.

Mike

Thanks for the maplin link Pepsi's People i ordered 2 garden shed solar panel lights from them yesterday afternoon and they arrived today i couldn't believe how quick they came

I have three little stick on battery operated lights in my bunnies' housing which are LED so brighter and they last a long time. They are on Ryness Electrical site, you can also get them in B&Q. They are called Osram Dot It lights, think they're £6.99 each and come with the batteries. I used to use a camping lantern, but found the batteries went really quick and got fed up of carrying it out with me every night!

They have them in Lidl ATM for £5.99 for two. We just got some for ours.

Great Theard as i need Lighting in the Shed too. But cant seem to find either the Woolworth or Halfords product you guys mension on thier sites at all!! Been going crazy tryin to find them. Over 45mins of my life wasted! lol.

Can anyone help moi. :)

The Osram Dot It Lights are easy to get hold of from B&Q, so not worried about them.

m
xx

*bump*

Any One? Please, REALLY wanna get the Shed finished by tomorrow. So the buns can really enjoy all my hard work and money.

m
xx

Back