• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Providing bunnies not on grass with somewhere to dig

Beatrix Potter

Mama Doe
Do any of you supply any digging areas for your buns? I've read about providing them with a box with soil in, but concerned it may make a huge mess as my rabbits are going to be mainly using a 6x4 shed for their space with just a small run attached.

I doesn't have to be soil, mine have an old toy storage box filled with shredded paper and hay which they love :D

Picture237-1.jpg

mine have like a sand pit full of soil which they LOVE! peanut digs a huge hole then lays in it for hours!

I was thinking of giving Cookie a big litter tray filled half way with peagravel. Does thses sound alright? She really loves to dig in her hay filled boxes too.

I provided one in my hall, a massive mistake that was :lol: . I'll find the pics, I really don't know what I was thinking :oops: :lol:

Mine sometimes dig on the lawn:roll: One reason why they're never in the run without me being there to look after them. Zakura doesn't dig much, Sasuke occasionally digs very small holes, so he's never been able to escape anywhere trhough them:roll:

Ok I put all the soil in the back box, then a tube to attach to another box at the front, then put paper in the front box, as I thought the front box would catch any of the soil.

0dd55a57.jpg

Beatrix going in

8b607945.jpg

Bob starting to make a mess

f6602033.jpg

The box being destroyed and all the dirt being kicked out

72c0f80d.jpg

my hall carpet think with soil, after I left them alone to play with it.

Pic014.jpg

Back