• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oh No!!, Willow has a friend!

Snowy

Wise Old Thumper
Couldn't believe it when I took this photo

Willow2157.07.jpg

That's a really good picture. :lol: When I had Sooty I used to give him digestive biscuits at night and they used to disappear a few moments after I put them in. He couldn't have eaten them. I discovered he had a mouse friend as well. I was really surprised it could drag a whole biscuit when they are so small.

:lol:
The Storage at school where the student's rabbits lives used to be filled with mice:rolleyes: We tried almost everything to get rid of them, as we feared they might transmit deceases to the rabbits, but that is where we stored our hay:shock: So the mice never had a shortage of food. We got warnings never to leave rabbit food in the storage without putting it into a box with a lid, of course the mice were so small they could easily walk into the cages and eat the food that was there:roll: Occasionally we let the cats in (whatever cat we could find...sometimes it was the neighbours cat..but the school also has two farmcats.) but we couldn't let them go in there as they pleased as they used the hay as a "litter box".
Eventually we've put out rat-poison. Sad really...they are quite cute, I even found one in the drawer INSIDE the small animal room once:shock:
Coincidentally there was a glove in the same drawer so I used the glove, picked up the mouse and moved him outside.
Musunge.jpg

I also once noticed a family of mice, apparently born inside a rabbit cage all filled with straw in the winter:shock: (The rabbits inside were away for the holiday at the time)

A friend of mine told me a rather amazing story one. She had a rabbit that kept having fake pregnancies and she couldn't understand why. One day when she looked into her nest she noticed a whole bunch of mice in there:shock: Apparently that was the rabbit's "children"...
There is something about buns and mice it seems:roll:

:lol: :oops: :lol: :lol:

was it willow who was spayed the other day?

If so, how is she doing?

Yep!, last Monday and she is doing brilliantly, she is so well now, I was so worried about her but she has really bounced back, so I will start thinking about bonding her :shock: :shock: that will be fun:roll:

Yep!, last Monday and she is doing brilliantly, she is so well now, I was so worried about her but she has really bounced back, so I will start thinking about bonding her :shock: :shock: that will be fun:roll:

Well she already seems to have bonded with the mouse:lol: So another rabbit shouldn't be so hard would it?:roll:

aw, I'm glad she is okay :)

good luck with the bonding :D

Glad Willow is on the mend after being so poorly. :D Hope she bonds easily and finds a very special forever home as the previous arrangement seems to have fallen through. After all you have done for her how will you be able to let her go?

Maria x

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: i hope the mouse in my garden dont go into a hutch then i would be dead!!!:shock:

Biscuit & Nibbles had lots of mouse friends last year. There's always been a problem in our area with them. 1 in particualr liked sleeping in Biscuit's "bed" (cat litter tray filled with hay) and poor Biscuit wouldn't go in it.

The cats did get the majority of the mice though, and we did start off with 2 mice traps, but 1 went missing :?

I spent ages looking foir her friend then realised there was an arrow pointing to the mouse :rolleyes: :oops: :lol:

lol, me too! I was creating another wild bunny on the other side of the hutch door for a while, then I saw the arrow :roll:

Peter *wins original bunny name prize* my very first rabbit (from the days when I knew worryingly little about bunnies) had a friendly rat who lived in his run according to my mum, I only ever saw the big hole under his hutch personally but she was convinced it was Peters staunch friend and companion after HoneyBun died.

Back