• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Preloved bun why are people so uneducated???

Why is the bunny suddenly "poor girl" just because she's being bred? Wouldn't that be like feeling sorry for a pregnant human? (and no, far from all women "choose" to have a baby:roll: I've read somewhere most babies born are unplanned but not loved less because of that:roll: )

I know bunnies who love having babies. Zakura's momgot pregnant nearly the moment she saw the male:lol: , Patches, a school bun, had 3 accidentall litters :shock: the second one was born only a month after her last litter of 8 :)shock: ) was weaned (and no, not by the kits, by her own father of all things...they got loose). Last time she gave birth to only one kit, no one even knew she was pregnant and with what male.:roll:

Aggresive bunnies shouldn't be bred obviously but it depends exactly what they mean with "temperemental".

I guess poor girl because any reputable breeder wouldn't buy a bun from the freeads to breed from - they would only get one of known lineage (hence no genetic health problems) from a reputable source. Therefore the likelihood of her ending up being in a small hutch and being used as a breeding machine, rather than as a loved pet with a large amount of space, with an owner who doesn't really know what they are doing, is higher. Also the suggestion that she would be 'better' kept as a breeding bun means she is condemned never to have a permanent friend of her own :(

If I lived near Warrington I would get her from there ASAP!!!!!:cry: :cry: :cry: I am sure she would make a LOVELY pet after being spayed and and getting lots of one-on-one attention and cuddles!:cry:

oh heck, warrington is only 44 miles from me apparently:?

I daren't ask my hubby he'd just say no. Darn it I wish I'd already passed my driving test then I could go get her and sneek her in :lol:

Nicola

Back