• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Some of the surrey bunnies *warning-graphic pics*

sgprescue

Mama Doe
This is pics of 3 of the worst Surrey bunnies that I picked up last night.

This little lady had a massive lump of poo stuck to her bum, this photo was taken after I had pulled it off and before I cleaned her up properly.
CIMG8156.jpg

This little chap has awful problems with his front teeth. They are hopefully being removed at the vets tomorow.
CIMG8159.jpg

CIMG8160.jpg

CIMG8161.jpg

This lovely litte girl was in the worst condition. It was suspected she had a bad case of fly strike but on inspection when I arrived home there were no maggots but there were lots of tiny little parasites crawling around near her genitals. They had obviously irritated her so much that she had bitten away at it. The large dark circles you see are rips in the skin :cry: She is a very poorly bunny at the moment and doesnt have much energy to do a lot right now. She is on fluids, syringe feeding, pain killers, anitibiotics, metaclopramide and ivomec. Fortunatly she will happily take critical care by syringe.

CIMG8166.jpg

CIMG8162.jpg

CIMG8165.jpg

All of the bunnies have muscle wastage, long nails and are overweight from being stuck in 2ft hutches. The rest of the bunnies will go in for emergency spaying this week as there is a good chance they could be pregnant. The 3 guinea pigs are all hopefully going to be spayed this week aswell.

oh my goodness, look at the little chaps teeth. that rabbit has the most gorgeous eyes..
i feel for all of them, fingers x'd with love and care they will pull through x

Oh poor buns, :cry: thank goodness you've taken them away from that miserable existence. Well done and lots of get well soon vibes for all.

its unbelievable that anyone can leave animals suffering like this it makes me think how lucky my 5 are and what a good life they have.I really hope these three get well and get homes that they deserve to have

Horrible! Unfortunately I imagine there are many bunnies like this, living in misery with no-one to care, these 3 are very lucky. I hope they all pull through and live the rest of their days happy.:cry:

Those last photos :( They are all awful, but I have never seen anything like that. Thank goodness you managed to get at least a few away from there. Is it likely that she will have all the other animals taken away at any point?

Sending lots of get well vibes for all of these buns, and hope the ones still with the lady will sonn receive the help and treatment they need :shock: :(

It absolutely amazes me people allow their pets to get into this kind of state, there is no excuse for it. Even if they are not ' animal people' anyone with half a brain should realise that it is no state for an animal to live like! :evil:

:cry: :cry: :cry: Poor babies I'm so relieved they are with you now and will get proper treatment and pain relief. Sending vibes to them all. xx:cry:

:shock: :shock: Those poor bunnies - I just hope thay make full recoveries. I can't quite believe what I am seeing. You have done such a wonderful thing by rescuing these bunnies - they will be 1000% better off now you have taken them in. All the best and big hugs to the bunnies xxx

I really can't believe that last photo! It is horrifying... all we can do now is wish her a recovery and a happy lift going forward.

Hannah

Absolutely horrendous! :cry:

What is wrong with people??? How can they possibly let their pets get into such a state!!

It beggars belief that these poor rabbits suffer at the hands of these people!

Best of luck in treating them and find them homes.

Carol xx

Poor little buns:( How can anyone with a conscience let this happen??? At least now they are safe and have a chance of recovery and a happy life.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Oh My Goodness!!, that is horrendous, all those poor, poor animals, well done for getting them out to safety, oh gosh! those pictures are sickening, it must have been dreadful, this is awful:shock: :shock:

Back