• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New Arrivals..Poor Things

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
These 2 bunnies came in as urgents...and the poor things:cry:

First Barnaby..very thin..pics don't show..all muscle wastage..nails so long..dirty bum..huge matts on feet..and bad teeth
but very cute!
(he arrived in this shaving filled cage)
Barnaby.jpg

next poor Sweetheart...named her this as she is one.....
so thin on top..can only guess when she last had any exercise....very long nails..dirty bum, sore legs and sadly..a huge tumour underneath:cry:
Sweetheartslump.jpg

the "lump"
Sweetheartslumpa.jpg

and the lovely girl herself
Sweetheart.jpg

She will go to the vet tomorrow morning..so please send all the vibes you can for her.....
Her owner said "if we thought she'd needed a vet we would have taken her"
:censored: :censored: :censored:

Last edited:
that's upsetting!! I suspect it's uriene cancer. it's huge. Hope the other one makes a full recovery and finds a new home.

How on earth do you manage to bite your tongue, Jill??

Sometimes I don't:oops:

I'm not expecting good news for Sweetheart..I've had a good feel and the lump is massive and seems to extend quite a way into her belly:cry: The lack of muscle could be no exercise and/or cancer...if we can save her we will..if the outlook is not good we will keep her for aslong as she isn't in pain. .

She has just tucked into a pile of dandelions:)

oh and just on a sidenote..the people donated a bag of Russel Rabbit and said they had no money on them so will send a cheque tomorrow to help with costs...now where have I heard that before:roll:

Oh thats good of them isnt it Jill, though I wouldnt bother waiting in for the postman!!!!:censored:

Sweetheart looks lovely:love: :love: I've got everthing crossed for her.:(

:wave:

:cry: the poor things..... they can come tome - they'd get fat in no time! :lol:
I really hope something can be done for her at the vets tomorrow! - btw just out of interest. Do your vets give you any special rates cos of rescuing them?

Sending loads of vibes for the buns, so glad you got them when you did.

I hope the owners get what's coming to them......:evil:

So did they not notice that huge lump then :?

Hope you find a lovely new home for the wee man and keep Sweetheart comfortable for as long as possible, at least she won't suffer now she's with you

Jill have you got their address. Perhaps you can send them a copy of the vets bill in a week or two and say that as they promised to send you some money they may like to see how much they've cost you!

Poor girl - hope she's ok :cry:

Oh poor bunnies.
Sending vibes for them both but extra specially strong vibes for little Sweetheart x x x

Back