• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

wild rabbits near new home

right, heres the thing. Harry lives in the house. But he goes outside if the door is open.We have made it safe for him, he can only get onto an enclosed paved area. We will be moving soon. The house we are going to backs onto open fields, and i have seen rabbits in the fields. We intend to fence off the area just outside the back door so Harry can still go outside if he wants to. Harry is nuetred and becouse he does go outside we have his vacs up to date.If Harry cant get out, i'm assuming the wild rabbits cant get in ?
This year we have increased our veg plot to include kale ( especially for Harry :) ) will a net closh be good enough you think to keep the wild rabbits off Harry's Kale ?

When you say he can't get out, is that because he isn't a digging bun? the tastier your veg patch is the more determined wild buns will be! Perhaps you could sink some wire mesh into the ground so they can't dig under your fence etc? good luck! x Jess

i didnt think you got bunnies that dont dig:D . Its a paved area. yes, sinking wire netting down would be a good idear, thankyou, any idear how deep ?

not sure, someone else may know. a couple of feet would probably deter them. by not digging, i meant is he an active digger, my 2 dutches love to try and dig up everything, whereas some of the others can't be bothered!:lol:

Back