• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moulting/aggression query

Sugarbunny

Warren Scout
Hi, I recently posted a query on the forum, and have found I could do with some advice about another!

Both my female mini lops Merry and Pippin have begun to moult excessively (they have not moulted much previously and they are 3 years old, recently neutered). Merry has begun 'going' for Pippin, chasing her round the hutch really fast, and Pip keeps running away from her, as if expecting her to go for her again. They have always been together (they are sisters) and I was wondering if it could be to do with their sudden moulting. I hd them neutered to prevent aggression amongst other things, but now Merry seems to be MORE aggressive than before.

Also they seem to be eating more than ever, since their neutering , they are constantly hungry - has any one else experienced this?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

I have a couple of heavy moulters at the minute. One looks a right scruff:rolleyes:

How recently were they neutered? It can take a few weeks for hormones to die down

They were neutered about 6 weeks ago. Merry was a bit depressed to begin with, but she seemed to improve, until she started to go for Pip!

Back