• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Time to introduce my buns

Just thought I’d finally tell you all about my Bunnies past and present, and my other animals too.

Chocolate

Chocolate, or choci for short, is a Lionhead, and yes you guessed it he does have some chocolate colour on him. In fact I’d say he’s white, greyish with some chocolate. I got him from breeder back in June, he was just 8 weeks old and the last of his litter. We clicked instantly and I trusted him like I’ve never trusted a rabbit before I even held him the whole car ride home (which I know was daft:oops: , and he could have jumped but I just trusted him. He’s always been a cuddly rabbit and a bit of a brat to boot, he will act up if he doesn’t get to do what he wants like stay out in the run, then I get peed on. He’s just six months now and on Tuesday he will be going to be neutered. He already has a bunny girlfriend, who, once she's been done and has had time to heal, will be moving in to his hutch.

Choci at 8 weeks;
choci2.jpg

Choci two weeks ago;
ImportedPhotos00031.jpg

ImportedPhotos00034.jpg

Lily

Lily is also a Lionhead. Lily was rescued by my friend, along with another bun. They were bought just after Easter by their old owners. My friend lives by them and could see hey were not taking an interest in the buns, so she asked them if they wanted them and when they said no, she decided to take them in. at that time is was believed they were both male and lily was named Leo. But my friend soon discovered that it wasn’t the case. At that stage she had her hands full ( she had rabbits herself and always takes in the odd unwanted here and there). So she asked me to foster her for a bit.

To be honest I didn’t want to because I had lost a rabbit the very same day, but couldn’t say no. And I am pretty glad I didn’t has she is a lovely rabbit. She took her time settling in and at first I told my friend to look for new forever home for her, but I am glad to say changed my mind because now she’s calmer and loves me to bits(the feeling mutual).

Lily two weeks ago;
ImportedPhotos00000.jpg

Theodore

Getting Theodore turned into a rescue mission. I had longed for a giant since I first saw one last year. I never dreamed I’d see one advertised locally. Knew I had to have him were ever he came from.

It turned out that he came from a breeder. But I was shocked by how the buns were being kept (lets just say tiny hutches big open space for running about but anything could have got into them, including all the dogs they had). Also Theo was in a dreadful state, he was underfed and had fur missing and bite marks on his neck from the other two bucks he was kept with.

After a month of TLC he is doing much better, his wounds have healed and fur is growing back, but the vet thinks there is a patch that might never grow back. He has put on weight nicely. He is a bit scarred from the experience and he hides food under straw and hay, I suppose he thinks I might not feed him. He also thinks I’m a giant cabbage leaf, but I’m working on that issue and he seems to only think I’m cabbage leaf now and everyone else he just licks.

I have know idea if I could ever bond him with another bunny, because of this everything is food attitude. But at the moment that is something to think about for the future.

Theo on the day I resued him;
ImportedPhotos00016.jpg

ImportedPhotos00015.jpg

A week later;
ImportedPhotos00048.jpg

Today;
ImportedPhotos00071.jpg

He mugged me for the bag of curly kale;
ImportedPhotos00079.jpg

What a lovely face;
ImportedPhotos00084.jpg

My past buns

Mickey was my first, he was a black netherland dwarf, he was a present for my 7th birthday. Sadly Mickey died at just under one of myxi.

Mickey
lastscan2.jpg

Lucy was next she was a lop of some sorts, some people think French, but I don’t know for sure. Lucy died at just 18 months when a fox attacked her.

Lucy
lastscan.jpg

Lucy was my last bun until I was last year when I turned 19, I promised myself I would get another bun. And after much careful planning we bought….

Bunnykins
in July I found the bun I was looking for, at a pet shop, yes I know it would have been better to rescue, but I was hooked on her. I named her Bunnykins. She was a black with some white Dutch cross, 12 weeks old and a rebel. She had already bitten her hutch mates ear. But still I took her home. We went through many highs and lows, including phantom pregnancies (the rabbit not me lol ). Then my life took a nasty turn, my dad died in march of multiple strokes, I was devastated.

At first I threw myself into looking after my animals, even purchased two guinea pigs and named them after my dad and another rabbit, choci.

Then for weeks I looked after Bunnykins and the others in a daze. Some days I almost forgot they existed. Then something happened to bring me back to my senses, Bunnykins was ill, dieing before my eyes one morning a few weeks back. I rushed her too the vets to be told it was too late. she died of GI statsis.

Bunnykins
P1010060.jpg

My other pets

As I said we had to Guinea pigs as well, Alan and Keith but sadly Alan died, shortly after Bunnykins, His death is a mystery, but the vet did find a lump a week before, when I took them for a check up. I didn’t want Keith to be lonely, but could not face getting another guinea pig. It was then I made the heartbreaking decision to give him to a friend who already had a lonely guinea pig, I knew Keith would be happy has he was always a pigs pig. I still get to se him and do not regret giving him a better chance at a happy life.

The other animals I really love are hamsters, in fact I’m on my 6th. There was hammy, Cuddly bemish, snowy, cuddly Hamish and live wire. We just have one at the moment called mouse, who’s just turned one this week. He’s not in the best of health as he has a slow growing tumour. He might not be with us much longer but he's still enjoying life to full.

The birthday boy himself, having a wonder outside
ImportedPhotos00058.jpg

ImportedPhotos00067.jpg

vikki:wave:

Sorry it's so long!

Hello to you and all your animals! :wave: Sorry you have had quite a tough time of it. :(

AMETHYST

They are all gorgeous rabbits and Theo especially is a stunner - I look forward to seeing photos of him when he's fully recovered. :D

Back