• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

By Jove, Rockie is sharing her new run! - UPDATE

Nik-Nak

Warren Scout
A couple of weeks ago we adopted Chinook. We introduced her to our Bun Rockie straight away. They got on great except Rockie would only accept her in the bathroom. After we were confident about leaving them unsupervised ( they did have one scuffle) we thought we'd try the run. When we first tried the run Rockie was not happy at all about sharing her run and attacked Chinook :( Ben my husband has been working very hard on building a bigger and better run for the buns. Today he finished it, put it together and put the buns in. There was a tiny bit of chasing to begin with but Rockie got bored after about 5 seconds which is good! After that Rockie and Chinook were following each other all day

Here are some pics. The run is 14ft x 6ft x 2 ft high

Picture237.jpg

Chinook
Picture251.jpg

Rockie
Picture250.jpg

Rockie and Chinook - No way would Rockie of allowed this a few weeks ago
Picture252.jpg

Picture241.jpg

Picture239.jpg

Picture247.jpg

Last edited:
Oh my that's a fantastic run!!! :shock: :D :thumb: Good work and congrats on the bonding, I hope it continues to flourish and they have a loving relationship :love:

Thank you :wave:

My husband really did work very hard on this and I'm quite a nag so I'm really really pleased with the result. Its still not 100% finished yet, as he still wants to add handles onto the lid of the run and he also wants to build a little shelter inside there for them to hide.

Rockie and Chinooks bonding is going great, although we have not put them in the hutch together yet as Rockie has only just accepted Chinook in the run so we don't want to push it, otherwise we'll be seeing Rockies little fluffy bum taking it self off to pastures new :shock: :lol:

Last edited:
That run is fab!! Ben has done a great job!! And it's great to see Rockie and Chinook getting on so well - well done for persevering!!

Just edited the orignal posts, noticed my spelling errors :shock: :oops:

Thanks guys :D I shall let Ben know his hard work has been appreciated by all, although his head may swell so big it'll be a problem for him getting out of the door :rolleyes: :lol:

That run is fab!! Ben has done a great job!! And it's great to see Rockie and Chinook getting on so well - well done for persevering!!

I did lose me nerve a little bit after their scuffle as it was always Chinook coming off worse, and I was worried she would get scared of Rockie. Chinokk is a little anxious when Rockie comes up behind her, but I think shes learning to trust her.

:lol: Chloe did you notice the remainder of Bens' 'Man tools' left on top of the run!? After he had finished the run Ben puffed out his chest with hands on hip saying ' man make run' in a caveman type way :shock: :rolleyes: :lol:

How big is the hutch? If it's at all possible, you could neutralise anybun's scent with vinegar and a hutch cleaner deodouriser and put it in the run to see how they get on.

How big is the hutch? If it's at all possible, you could neutralise anybun's scent with vinegar and a hutch cleaner deodouriser and put it in the run to see how they get on.

We did think of putting the hutch in the run but unfortunately its just a tad too big, its 6ft x 2ft x 2ft, but it has legs on it which are about 1ft, so we wouldn't be able to close the lid, which we do need to do as we have dogs and next door has a cat.

However, I am going to be cleaning and disin fecting the hutch today, and if it turns out to be a good day I'm going to be painting it the same colour as the run, so am hoping that'll mask some of the smell as well.

You could put it along the 6' end(tight squeeze?) and then put the lid on so that it abuts the hutch and overhangs at the other end? Or just stand guard for a while with the lid off? Just thinking aloud really:lol: That run is fabulous btw. Well done Ben!! Oh, and you too, of course..after all, you know the old saying "Behind every good man there's a strong woman" (or something like that!!):lol: :lol: I'm off to do some gardening now. See you all later!!:wave: :wave:

:lol: Chloe did you notice the remainder of Bens' 'Man tools' left on top of the run!? After he had finished the run Ben puffed out his chest with hands on hip saying ' man make run' in a caveman type way :shock: :rolleyes: :lol:

Ah yes - very impressive "man tools" - will show Andy and they can compare notes next time!! :rolleyes: :lol:

Well we tried them in the hutch today seeing as its now been painted, don't know what do you think?

Rockie grooming herself
Picture076.jpg

Rockie grooming Chinook
Picture075.jpg

Both buns having look
Picture074.jpg

Rockie and Chinook
Picture073.jpg

Any chance of hiring hubby out???? For run building obviously :oops: :oops: :oops:

:lol: :lol: Well I have to get some sort of use out of him :lol:

Awwww - that's great that they're happily sharing the hutch Amanda!! Looks like you've cracked it!!! yay!!!x

Hey Chloe :wave: No scuffles yet and 2 nights in the hutch woo hoo!:D

could you saw the legs of the hutch down ? :?

It's a fab run :) I'm glad they are getting on

We did think about that as an option but as the actual hutch will still be 2 ft high we will still not be able to put the lid down and I would not be very confident about that, as apart from our dogs and next doors cat, we get buzzards and foxes too although I'm yet to see a fox near my house with 3 dogs:lol: I'm also not that keen for the hutch to be sat flat on the floor without any kind of elevation due to dampness etc.:?

Back