• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bats!

bunny babe

Wise Old Thumper
I have just been sat in the garden with the buns who were munching away at the grass and it was starting to go dusky but a couple of bats started flying around the garden (never seen any before). I immediatly locked my bunnies away. Can they do any harm? I don't know anything about them.

Physically I don't think they would do any harm. Contrary to common belief they do not suck blood! They eat insects etc.

Also I very much doubt they could hurt them. They don't often come to the ground and have exceptional awareness of there surrounds so don't bump into stuff.

With regards disease I know nothing, but I find it highly unlikely that they could transmit anything.

Bats are cool! :D

Thanks, was not sure what to expect really. I was worried that they may try to attack them and also if they carry any disease they could pass on.

If all they do is eat insects then hopefully they will get rid of all those nasty mozzis and gnats that carry disease.

No, they shouldn't do any harm at all. They'll just be out catching insects so shouldn't go near you rabbits anyway :)

Thanks for reassuring me. I'll still keep a very close eye on them though if they are around when the buns are having their evening munch on the grass. They were so fast and diving, it was scary!!

Back